Tuesday, August 27, 2013

SPECIAL NOTE: from (me!) Sandra, tvgp

Everything I write, from here on out, will be concluded with statement/closing: "wow! I wonder if they'll create a human robot that does that too?!". -ready? Here we go. True story: keeping in mind, two of my super-powers are listening and observation. We are in a grocery store. I am standing next to a married woman. How do I know? Looks, age, wedding ring. K, she is standing next to an attractive man. How do I know? Looks. K, they do not know each other and are having a conversation for the first time.. Small talk about the price of things. How do I know? It is a conversation that should take place, in passing... Two people that Just happen to be in the same aisle, at the same time, looking at the same shelves. Simple as, "I think they have those on sale at -such n such, store." now.. The attractive man starts to continue on his merry way.. But the married woman quite intentionally engages him in longer conversation.. She was not flirting in a direct way, but she was making an obvious effort to keep his attention. How do I know? I watched and listened. K, I start to wonder just how long she is going to keep this up.. The attractive guy obviously wanted to continue shopping but did not want to be rude.. How do i know? I listen to words and body language. K, now guess who comes around the corner and down the aisle to join us? What appears to be the married ladies husband. -and now! ..once the married woman sees that her husband sees her talking to an attractive man... Suddenly, she frees him in conversation to go.." -I mean, wow! I wonder if they'll create a human robot that does that too?!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home