Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Sometimes it goes like this: for (me!) Sandra, tvgp

From inside the bathroom: "oh!? why now Jesus!? Why now?! I have a job I love! My kids and family are.. Wait! I have two jobs I love.. No, no, 3! I have 3 jobs I love.. My kids and family are good...I finally made it back to San leandro! My dad and family are moving back! I have my handsome prince.. And all this time you've kept me healthy and strong.. Even with no medical or dental benefits.. I finally got more hours.. I love where I live! I just started really taking in all those pleasant surprises.. I'm practically on top of the world! /and it's a much longer list of the blessings I am swimming in... /save love letters from the IRS.. But really.. two lessons I really have learned and applied: not to let my temporary circumstances dictate my attitude, AND there IS always some kind of temporary circumstance.. So if you wait to enjoy your life until all the challenging circumstances subside; you'll miss out on your whole life.. It's always simultaneous: blessings/burdens. You choose where to put your attention...k. I know all this! I know this! I know, write now, faced with a toilet bowl full of blood, that I am to thank you Jesus! In times of trouble as well as times of victory! So, thank you Jesus! For whatever lesson this is meant to teach me.. For whatever situations I will be tested to endure.. But my God! Why now.. Everyone around me that I love is thriving... Thank you Jesus! That everyone I love is thriving! It's been an amazing, these past couple years... Thank you Jesus! Who has a better circle of friends than me? I've been so blessed! Who has a better mom? Dad? Kids? Sibling? Spiritual spouse? No one.. I've been so blessed! A best friend in the blogosphere! Getting to read and write every day! I spying all those hearts... Every picture! The hearts seen... /and may I pause here to tell you my gratitude prayer went on and on.. And then I spotted an empty wrapper from the dozen or so red Liquorice vines I'd devoured earlier that day and I just smiled the biggest smile. Said to heaven... "so, that's not blood in the toilet bowl?" I don't have to go to the county doctor? Oh. Well then... Keep those blessings coming! I love you! I love my life! I love my family! My friends! I love my handsome prince! I love my jobs...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home