Tuesday, August 20, 2013

You should be listening to Joyce Meyer... Says (me!) Sandra, tvgp

So, every once in a while I accidentally am stuck listening to the news for a few looong minutes. -seems to me there is an awful lot of people in high profile positions.. High profile in level of exposure, risk and authority, who are taking humiliating falls from public grace. It consistently brings to my mind lessons taught by Joyce Meyer. -specifically when she talks about flesh vs. Spirit and promoting yourself vs. Letting God promote you. I believe what she teaches is true: if you try and promote yourself, Without being in agreement with God's will.. This can be of high consequence. If God promotes you.. If and when you are in a place/position in agreement with God's will... No one, or no thing can knock you down; no enemy will prevail. I believe Joel Osteen teaches this also, in different words. When I review my own history.. It becomes very clear how often I've tried to promote myself.. And indeed, there have been consequences. Now I have the benefit of hindsight AND Joyce Meyer.. So, I am careful in prayer to ask... Or wait and trust, vs. Tell. It is nuanced.. Not just doing something and then praying it's blessed.. But waiting for a blessing to indicate green lights to do something.. Hard to explain, but you know it when it happens. You experience the distinction internally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home