Wednesday, August 14, 2013

@ THE CELLAR DOOR (me!) sandra, tvgp

there is more to write than what i'm about to.. but the upshot is this: love it! serving at the cellar door in downtown pleasanton -round the corner from the meadow lark dairy, and kitty korner from the firehouse art center. delicious wines AND wonderful selection of gourmet meats, cheeses.. small plates. we were slammin' on the soft open night, last tuesday.. and each one of us serving was on the hussle. made me think quite often of my aunt tina's quote: -my aunt tina.. remember i've written of her in great detail before.. she saved some $10,000 waitressing so she could travel to africa.. but know what she always said? she always said, "if you waitress for just 4 hours you will tip big for the rest of your life." -and that is a very true story. threw her a hug and wink in heaven. truth is, i've always been a good tipper, no matter what my personal financial situation is or has been.. and now it seems the generosity is being returned by customers @ the cellar door. "thank you!" -and even though i just said i've always been a good tipper.. in just the short time i've worked there.. i've been inspired to tip anyone serving me even a little more.. this work is in addition to the work at ricks picks.. my favorite job of all time.. hands down. continue to love it.. and there is a story brewin'... -where has my leonard gone? didn't he just get back from a vacation? -throws my whole day off. -came over here to the danville library and filled out all the paperwork to get a new card, waited impatiently for a computer (not really, just adding guilt), -had to spill a drink on some guy so he would get up and leave the computer free -SPECIFICALLY- so i could catch up on my leonardstegmann blogs.. and what do i get for all that? -might be time to send some of my friends to half moon bay to get him writing again.. so much more.. but dear IRS, you will be happy to know, my hours have "Thank you God" -increased, so.. true to my nature: what i can, with what i've got. amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home