Thursday, August 01, 2013

UNPREDICTABLE & SURPRISING goals for (me!) Sandra, tvgp

K, so.. As we learned from my kasper hot dog stories, It is nearly impossible for me (and all of you) to not tell the same stories upon seeing the same visual triggers. Tuesday I drove with Julia, Megan and cortney to San Francisco.. No surprise here: upon seeing the golden gate I retell the terrorizing 50th anniversary story and the God parted the red sea of people italian heritage/Columbus day/balloon platoon banner babes parade stories.. The international gift show triggers my MagTimeFrames.com, trade show, carol duval stories.. And any girl talk between us.. Not just on this drive, over lunch, -but since I've met them.. Always results in me telling them about how God tricked me into falling in love with someone who travels a lot, but how that stretches out our courting process.. Poor girls, I think they've graciously listened to me say the same things twelve times. -I bore myself these days. But! I'm telling me (and all of you) -it's a great challenge! To not tell the same story, or say the same thing when you see the same things or go to the same places... I failed dramatically Tuesday -but when and if I go to San Francisco again.. I will only remove the tape from my mouth IF I have SOMETHING NEW TO SAY. -you have your noble goals, I have mine. The other goal I have is to be pleasantly surprised at least once a day. Monday I was pleasantly surprised by the art work I found on the corner of Angela & main.. I've been up and down the stairs many times over the years... Blank walls. But Monday.. Turned the corner and, wow! A collage of gorgeous paintings; beautiful! A most pleasant surprise! Stopped and talked and met the artist.. Oh, I forget how to spell or pronounce his name.. Will have to look it up.. Get back to you, but.. Wonderful! -tues. My Pleasant surprise was the moscone center itself, and yesterday my Pleasant surprise was Darjeeling limited and the spectacular sculpture of saint joan of arc at the parish in san ramon i visited for the 1st time. Today. -the two goals still sit before me: do &/or say 1 unpredictable thing. Notice at least 1 pleasant surprise...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home