Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Dear Almost Every Woman I Know, from (me!) sandra, tvgp

I want to say this is worth repeating, but despite repeating...   so, it makes me wonder.  but here you go:

I am a devoted student of joyce meyer.  will be for life.  yesterday on the show, however..  twas easy to skip

joyce and three other women discussing ... "how awful..! the pressure put on women to look beautiful..    -how studies show the self esteem of women drops significantly after just 3 minutes of looking at  magazines   -where the beauty of the model is not even real to begin with..  a lot of photo editing..."

and here is the very, very sad part to me.   -this conversation was taking place in the 1970's, and in the 1980's, and in the 1990's, and in 2000...   and here we are in 2017...

 -for the record, I stopped looking at the magazines a decade ago..  I feel wonderful. happy. beautiful.  -just as I am.   the smartest, greatest, most successful diet I ever went on was

a mass media diet.  no consumer magazines.   and I keep wondering how long it will take everyone else to see they are creating and re-creating their own same problem..  and complaining about it ad nauseam, but not doing a thing to fix or solve...

it fascinates me.

In,   -when Jesus doesn't do anything about it... it is probably because YOU CAN...'s name..


amen.

1 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love this because I have never been one to "conform" to the "norm" of society, but have always felt like an outsider, but I tell myself I am blazing my own trail

 

Post a Comment

<< Home