Saturday, February 11, 2017

public "thank you!" to (my mom! & rick!) from (me!) sandra, tvgp

it was exactly as my mom's toe nails were being painted a deep, beautiful, rose color, and write as my calves were being massaged, that I looked over to her, sitting next to me during our pedicures, as we sat in electric massaging recliners, that I tried to say it

(me!):  "mom, I know I can say this in a way...    that you'll understand...     that you'll take it in the write way..."

but I started to tear up and get emotional, and who wants to ruin a perfectly awesome, very relaxing, birthday present pedicure with unnecessary taxing emotions.

(me!):   "i'll have to save it for later...   what I want to say..."

and she could see me struggling, and as she always has, for as far back as I can remember, she communicated to me with her eyes and a gentle smile that she already understood.  

***

later is today; this morning:

***

   -don't you know the rules..?   when an adult child moves back in, you are supposed to make them very uncomfortable so they wont stay very long...

mom, rick..

um,  -you are not making me very uncomfortable..

i'm coming home to delicious, warm home-cooked meals...

i'm leaving for work with packed lunches...

it is so much fun watching the warrior games with you two..

my favorite donuts have been near the coffee machine as a surprise two times now!

there has been fresh baked banana nut bread, and last night...

"oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips not raisins!"

and the room is beautiful...  surrounded by family photos, which I love..

and dinner and visits with sue..   that family friendly environment...   wonderful conversations..

and overall, I am just...    so grateful!  feel so blessed to have this time with you, in this environment, and want you to both know

despite the fact you are in fact spoiling me, and it is a blessing and privilege to be here

I know not to wear out my welcome, and am simultaneously working toward standing back on my own two financial feet,

but, when the time comes for me to take flight again..

it is going to be very difficult to leave this wonderful, loving nest.

"thank you!!"

"i love you!"

In, nor did Jesus play by the tough love rules name...   amen!

/add on


hospitality/birthday dinner with family tonight...   "thank you!" so very much...

ive never been able to articulate or quantify the value of family gatherings..


xoxoxo


I fearlessly and confidently and boldly draw near to the throne of grace [the throne of God's unmerited favor to us sinners], that I may receive mercy [for my failures] and find grace to help in good time for every need [appropriate help and well-timed help, coming just when I need it.]

-Hebrews 4:16


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home