Monday, September 23, 2013

WELL, YOU ASKED. By (me!) Sandra, tvgp

"what do you write about?". "whatever's on my mind that day.". "-what's on your mind today?". WELL for starters.. I can't believe that guy on tv said there's no evidence for God! Here's my challenge... But it can't be accomplished conveniently for like a one hour tv show... Take hour of power.. There are LOTS of church tv shows, but this one serves my purposes the best because they always have a short segment where someone gives their personal testimony about how God is at work in their lives. So have someone take the 40 years worth of hour of power that has aired on tv.. Each Sunday show.. Edit out everything except the personal testimonies.. Sit in a room and watch and listen to the 5 minute testimonies, by different individuals, from all walks and circumstances of life.. Times 40 years worth of Sunday's. Is this not evidence? What are you using to define "evidence". Important to know that this represents only 1 of many, many, churches, around the whole world, where people are experiencing and sharing how God has touched there lives.. The actual number is incalcuable. Now, don't stop there.. I have a couple more challenges not convenient enough for tv... Try this: re-write the real life biographies of Both Joyce Meyer, David Meyer and Joyces father.. From the perspective of God as as a human construct; not 'real.'. Then re-write Americas history, documents, lincoln's biography, for example.. With God and prayer ABSENT. Our currency, without 'in God we trust'. -and consider if we had a president of the united states of America who is atheist.. -these Things are on my mind today... But that's not all! I'm fascinated with the size, the physical size of human beings in relation to earth and the universe.. How large we feel in our practical day to day lives vs. How tiny we are in relation to the galaxies. And I'm super fascinated with our experience of time.. How time itself is consistent, but we experience it as going by fast or slow.. And I think when we 'lose track of time' it is because our minds must be traveling at the same speed.. Know what I mean? You can only appreciate how fast/slow something is going in relation to something else... When two things are traveling at the exact same speed... Harmony. So I think our minds are in harmony with time, or lagging behind.. Or even can jump ahead... Which makes me remember: the future IS knowable... But how far into the future.. How far? Then I was also thinking this morning about 'the LAWS of free will.. How many are there, what are they specifically... Has someone written them, the way they've written the laws of physics? Of nature? I'd like to see them.. The laws of free will. In my imagination... Much of the crisis and mess and hate and ugliness in our world is the direct result of free will... But God must honor free will or we are instantly robots.. But It hurts! It hurts.. God's very own heart breaks.. He must honor free will HERE on earth.. But he sees and knows everything.. And heaven and hell allow for ultimate justice. On the other side, so to speak.. The laws of free will no longer exist.. And lastly.. I've been thinking about how every single day I seem to get introduced to another area of my own ignorance and/or incompetence.. Had a lady ask about the difference between the prism reflected from glass vs. Plastic (don't know....curious though). And which cheeses are from cows, vs. Goats, vs. Sheep? Honest to God.. I've never known, been asked, or wondered til now, at age 47, but very glad to make the discovery...goat cheese! I'm a fan... Time for work though... So, thank you Jesus! And amen. -except one more thing, one more thing.. Wish I could put together a video of my magical town, here in Pleasanton.. Show how many different churches and religions we've got going on here.. Freedom of religion and peace! No one here is murdering someone else because they're beliefs aren't the same... So, I'm extra grateful today to be a Christian here... And pray for freedom of religion and peace for the whole planet... Now, "thank you Jesus!" and amen. -for real this time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home