Sunday, August 12, 2012

UM, YOU CAN'T "PROGRAM" FREE WILL by ( me!) Sandra, tvgp

So.. Every time I hear about the history of Adam and eve on a church tv program (or in passing conversation) the focus is always on the nature of man to sin. For me, it is always about God creating us with free will. Over and over I think about how easy it would have been for God to create humans that would obey him. God did no such thing. Then I think about all the advances in technology..artificial intelligence.. All the R&D being done to create robots which are more and more and more like humans... With faces, human body styles, programmed emotional reactions, etc. But that's where the rubber robot hits the road, isn't it. The ultimate challenge... Create a robot with free will. Which is impossible, because the very second you -program- anything, you've already failed. When I contemplate all this.. Free will, the complexities of humanity, the masterpiece we all are.. I don't understand how anyone could not just surrender and bow on bended knees to the most high God. Every human being will suffer. Every human being will sin. Every human being will face temptations. The type of suffering, the type of sin, the type of temptation; these are all variables. But! Every human being is offered salvation, forgiveness, mercy, grace... LOVE. And a peace beyond human understanding. These things: salvation, forgiveness, mercy, grace, love, peace... They are not variables. They are fixed internal spiritual experiences accessible to every human on the planet with no concern for age, race, religion, gender, health, Height, weight, financial/educational/political status, etc. Suffering can be Transcended through love; sin can be forgiven through authentic prayer; recognizing and resisting temptation is possible with the strength of Christ, via the development of a moral conscience. And this knowledge about the spiritual complexities common to all humans moves me away from Darwin and evolutionism and toward a creator.. GOD. I repeat what is worth repeating.. We are evolving, but our evolution should be assessed via fruits of the spirit and not survival of the fittest. Let me see if I have them memorized: joy! Peace! Love! Gentleness.. Kindness.. Goodness..patience..faithfulness.. And: self control.

1 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger SHE said...

And now don't think for a moment Im under the impression I'm sayin' anything original or new here... But it's worth saying in order to validate what many others have said before me.

I have a lot to say on that topic too: validation.

Amen and amen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home