Sunday, August 12, 2012

LET (me!) CONTINUE.. Sandra, tvgp

There is a deep desire in me to reconcile the religions, the denominations.. And so I've already said.. "Our God is a God of hearts. he cares more about the meal than the plate it's being served on.". And then I think on that.. How the spiritual experiences like peace, love, joy, forgiveness, etc. Those are common to all humans, not exclusive to people of specific religions, or orientations.. In fact, available to atheists, agnostics. Here is the thing that fascinates me the most... Let's say -peace- for example, was suddenly only available to (insert any religion here). The second that took place everyone would migrate to that religion, convert, etc. -but what would their motivation be.. MOTIVE is a remarkable thing to meditate on, to contemplate..it gets very subtle, is highly nuanced, extremely difficult to deconstruct.. But I believe, exactly because motive is as nuanced as it is.. This is why we need to develop faith; why potential for the experience of faith exists. If you exercise your free will and -choose- to "believe" vs. "know". -look at the impact that has on motive. A beautiful shift takes place. And in addition to my deep desire to reconcile the denominations, I have a deeper desire to reconcile my personal beliefs with ... God. The ones that lay in contrast with popular religious doctrin. Specifically.. I am pro-choice, I am pro-birth control, I am pro-Gay marriage. I am pro-women in leadership positions in the church. I am pro-divorce. (im sure theres more..) So, this belief I have, as God as a God of hearts combined with a focus and understanding on the fruits of the spirit help me accomplish my desire to reconcile: because.. I could easily befriend a divorced, lesbian pastor one day, who once had an abortion.. And upon getting to know her find her: joyful, loving, peaceful, full of kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, patience and self control. ALSO.. Where the bible speaks of faith, hope and love... These are universal also. So.. I tend away from judging sexual orientation, or birth control practices, etc, and tend much more toward fruits of the spirit. And if we all did that.. Focused on fruits of the spirit vs. Adherence to a wide variety of interpretations of biblical rules and regulations. -I think we could advance forward a couple evolutionary steps. And it is my current understanding that is in large part the spiritual message which inspired the entire new testament... Less focus on following rules/regulations.. More focus on matters of the heart: love, joy, peace, forgiveness,

1 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger SHE said...

I apologize for revisiting some of the same ideas again and again, but in doing so, new discoveries are made, and sometimes In the writing and rewriting I at last will say something more succinctly, which is inexplicably pleasing and well worth the pursuit.

Plus.. You know I believe there is two kinds of editing: inflicted and organic. Inflicted is predictable and accurate. Organic is mysterious and beautiful.

/think I just said that more succinct than prior efforts which, you know.. Proves the point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home