Friday, April 14, 2017

HARD & SAD for (me!) sandra, tvgp

HARD:   I am a Christian with a deep respect for freedom of religion.  But it's hard..   to experience how what used to be Easter Break, in the school systems, is now Spring Break, and it is no longer the same week/weekend as Easter.

SAD:  When I said to a customer, "Have a Happy Easter"   -she said, "oh, it's just another day."

but for those of us who are Christians..   


Easter is far, far, far from being just another day.  

***
secret power of speaking God's word/Joyce Meyer pg 125

1 Corinthians 13:10, 12-13 (the message)

When the Complete arrives, my incompletes will be canceled.  I don't yet see things clearly.  I'm squinting in a fog, peering through a mist.  But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright!   I'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees me, knowing him directly just as he knows me!  But for write now,

until that completeness,

I have three things to do to lead me toward that consummation:

Trust Steadily in God,
Hope Unswervingly,
Love Extravagantly.

And the best of the three is....     LOVE.

 ***



side note:  appreciate the analogy here, and have had a direct/personal experience of being in a fog/mist..  but not knowing or understanding that I was

-until I wasn't.   until I could see things more clearly, and had something to compare it to...


***

In Jesus is the way, the truth, the light..    the clear path!'s name.    amen.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home