Tuesday, March 11, 2014

STANFORD WOMENS BOOK CLUB of the EAST BAY hosts (me!) Sandra, tvgp

two thumb typing you this on my phone:  "THANK YOU!" So very much here to Charlotte Severin (as you know, one of my earth angels) for creating this remarkable opportunity..  And to DIANE (I will have to look up last name, but the beautiful one in the green top..) Who opened her -gorgeous, gorgeous home & gardens - to all of us for the occasion..  And! Who included in the spectacular food/dessert spread (contributions by several),  IRISH COFFEE (very big smiley face here!) Which we could doctor up (and of course I did!) With a shot of Irish whiskey, whip cream and! Green sprinkles.. Such a welcoming feel in the environment and spirit..  Such a variety of women with a very admirable variety of backgrounds.. And gracious they were to listen as I presented them with my talk & readings, "21 Reasons I LOVE to blog".  -which included readings from my book, eat, write & exercise..  The Tri valley haven candlelight march story, the fake tow truck car stealing operation, on a sleepless night in spring...  And not in the book, but my poem, 'that's one slippery rock..'.    -an honor in every way to be their guest, and I have much more I'd like to say.. About the deep pleasure to be around these women... Each with their own unique life stories of challenges, crises, victories..  But having the common denominator of wearing life well..    They responded kindly and ask me to repeat a quote of mine I will close with here:  "we come to earth with instructions:  what we love to do instructs us on what we are here to do, and what suffering we endure instructs us on who we are here to help."

-now, I am on full time auntie duty, plus many other balls in the air.. But when time allows:  and a wonderful experience also as a featured guest of the pen women..  And such powerful,  inspiring readings last night by raina Leon at towne center books..  And another merchandising marathon at ricks picks..  And several new additions to THE HEART SEEN collection..  And more. -all of which will have to wait..     /and what a pain in my two thumbs! To type this.. And fight with the auto word function..!.. The amount of go-back and correct..  Exhausting!   -creates quite a disincentive for sharing much, this obstacle course..   -that the goal? 

#charlotteseverin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home