Monday, October 14, 2013

"KISSIN' THE CHOCOLATE BLUES" by (me!) Sandra, tvgp

Starring faith ALPHER as Dr Maya Angelou.. Live music by Debra Knox.. Hopefully we'll have Zip file bio's by creatures of impulse (mark doesn't know yet.. My plans!) ..ASL translations by ASL students at amador... And the rest is a secret.. (even from me, I'm afraid) -but THIS is taking up all my brain/creative real estate in between kids/mom, work, and other daily responsibilities... The writing, the dreaming/envisioning, the planning, the hoping.. But! SAVE THE DATE: February 11th, 2014.. At the firehouse art center in Pleasanton.. My live stage performance valentine dedicated with love to my most favorite of all time, writers, speaker, poet, humanitarians: Dr. Maya Angelou. I mean, I can't just send her a card, -write. But if I can successfully put on stage, what I see in my mind.. I'll be so happy! Only one way to find out.. And! What a great opportunity to showcase the amazing talents/gifts of some of the phenomenal women I've met along the way.. I can't creat links from this computer.. But faith ALPHER! I saw her (and in fact wrote a review) one woman show at the Bankhead theatre.. And Debra knox! Who I met many years ago when she was directing the children's children's drama camps.. And then collaborated with a couple times.. Both multi-talented/remarkable.. Plus! If I can land creatures of impulse.. And the power/beauty of incorporating ASL... Very excited! Anyway.. Thought I would glance through "I know why the caged bird sings" as part of my planning/research, etc. And honey! There is no glancing through.. I can't put it down! To re-read this at 47 years old.. It changed my life when I read it the first time, in my youth.. But.. Now.. I can appreciate it on like, seven new levels. But here is a funny, unpredictable truth for me.. I could not, in my youth, understand for half a second why any school or library would ban it.. And now a mom of two.. I'm more like.. Yeah, this book needs a rating.. It's not G rated, or E for everybody.. You do need to be a certain age.. Anyway.. The other couple books I was kind of enjoying, have been tossed to the side.. And I'm nearly finished with caged bird.. NEW PAGE: "my energy is back.. Just waiting for the plumbing to catch up" -thanks for asking. I can't remember ever being so sick.. I was like, "dear Jesus.. Well, excuse me just a.. (vomit, vomit, vomit)...thank you Jesus! That my body is working so hard to successfully reject.. Excuse me just a moment (diarrhea).. Whatever the heck alien poison... Be write back.. (vomit, vomit) -well, thank you! For medicine! And hold that thought just a moment.. (diarrhea) antibiotics! Peptobismol! Alka-seltzer! Aleve! Sleep! Thank you for.. Excuse me one more time..where was I? Yes! For my handsome prince and carol! For my co-worker friends for covering my shifts! ..and, I let that serve as a healthy reminder, because Thursday night I was high energy, go! Go! And Friday morning, without notice or permission or warning.. KAPLOW.. On my knees in the bathroom. With such a longing to feel normal and healthy again. Well, at least healthy. /she says with a smile. Good health is such a gift! Such a gift! Thank you Jesus! Amen.   #firehouseartcenter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home