Tuesday, September 18, 2012

DEAR COMCAST, from (me!) sandra, tvgp

i will take the time to hand-deliver a detailed version of this letter to the livermore comcast facility. -and then i'm done

***

Dear Comcast General Manager

I have been a loyal comcast customer for many years. Have publically sang the praises of what is my favorite techonology of all the time: the DVR

but problems started (and continue) since moving from one location to another.

Briefly -because I am exhausted and pressed for time,

When I moved in August of 2010, and started renting a room in Pleasanton, Comcast was unable to make this transition with me

It appears your billing/service systems do not currently have the ability to address a room renter vs. a home owner. /Although how you service/bill individual customers who live in apartments might serve as a template.

In any case, ... I am renting a room from a home owner. The home owner already has comcast cable tv -and I am privileged to have a tv in my room, covered by the home owner, so I no longer require comcast tv cable service.

The home owner also has wireless access, and I no longer require comcast internet wireless service, as my computer works with the home owners.

What I still do use.. and in fact depend on for my livlihood, is my COMCAST EMAIL. I have 1 email account with 3 email addresses that I use every. single. day.

And while I realize, I can set up free email accounts through other services, I have remained with Comcast, as I am deeply embedded with my comcast emails, which are connected to just about everything else I use, including but not limited to: paypal, amazon, my website, my customer base, my friends/family... and which serve as forms of reply communication for every query/submission, I send out as freelance writer... this list is very long.

Changing email addresses will require a great deal of my time, energy. I had been willing to pay $60 a month just not to have to...

So.. When I moved, the only thing I did, which set off what is now a comcast nightmare, is this:

I went in person to the Livermore Comcast facility to have my address changed. That's it.

Something went wrong, and my comcast was shut off -completely. No access to my email accounts.

Solving this problem took -3 different appointments. And over 12 hours. That is, 3 different appointments, with 3 different comcast service representatives coming to my new address

And while you are terrific at keeping appointments -and terrific at calling 3 times to verify that you will keep your appointment, and be on time,

Once the service people arrive -on time.. they have no knowledge for actually solving the problem they've been presented with, which -in my humble opinion; should be an easy fix for a high tech company like yourself

And so... at last! 3 people, 3 appointments, and 12 hours later, it appeared my problem was solved, -and I spare you here the details..

But.. turns out I then started receiving not one new bill with my new address (for nothing but emails, may I remind you)

but! Two different bills, with two different account numbers -and with service addresses different from the billing address

my goal was -one bill, emails only, service and billing address the same; my new location.

and so I received a call on one day, stating I owed some $136 -and then the very next day, a call where I was told I owed, $270?!

"Really?! My bill for emails only went up over $100 overnight?" That's amazing! And I know not to take my frustrations out on the customer service reps who have nothing to do with creating or solving the problem at hand

So I turn to you.. General Manager.. or perhaps.. Operations Manager.. who ever is over the General Manager...

In hopes you can resolve this.

And I am both relieved and thrilled -while my emails remain held hostage

that I do not also have my phone number attached to comcast, as I'm pretty sure, all forms of communication for me would be unjustly cut off while I sat at the mercy of your competence to correct errors which originate at your end.

So -this has created a grand disincentive for me to take advantage of any discounts for grouped services. I will never..

With great hope you will resolve this in under 10 days

credit my account. Restore my access to my emails -which I"ve had for more than -10 years? So that I can return to being productive.

Thank You,


Sandra Harrison Kay
925 337 2320
Pleasanton, California

CC: BBB, Change.Org, FBC

1 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger SHE said...

Original post 02/15/2012. -ultimately resolved... But many more obstacles, calls etc.

Then added DVR .... My favorite technology!...

And it's not working properly. There mere thought of how much time and effort it might take to resolve this creates a huge disincentive... I've just been living without the DVR (even though I'm paying for it) until I gain the psychological patience of heart required to call them again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home