Tuesday, September 18, 2012

NOT ANOTHER HAIKU... by (me!) sandra, tvgp #haiku

i find myself so fascinating sometimes... let me explain: week or so ago, i came across some website about famous poets and poems.. a list of the top 50 poems

very happy to report, Dr Maya Angelou, had the number 1 spot with phenonmenal woman

anyway...

i read all 50 poems. there was not 1 haiku among them. in fact. the word was not mentioned, and i didn't visit any other websites on the topic..

and yet.. the following morning, that's all i could think about.. haikus. wrote them all day..
to my children, my handsome prince, my enemies...

and then one to my mayonnaise

yeah.. i'm like.. how do i turn this haiku switch back off?

best foods mayonnaise
the edible adhesive
for my albacore

and then.. shared a couple with my co-workers, and they all jumped in..

turns out haikus are contagious..

left their haikus in my box at work, but when i return, i will post them here:

[got 'em]:

by roger:

a hammer sees it
the difficult bent nail
screw the worst of all

flowers bloom and die
hammers fly in our nightmares
nails run and laugh

an angry flower
can't be opened by hammers
only sun and breeze


by priscilla:

bible:

a book of wisdom
building a frienship with God
to be read daily

and this collaborative effort by priscilla & myself on the topic of dating:

fresh introductions
two souls on a new journey
waiting to unfold



/see..

"..give me a topic.any topic.." my co-worker said "rain," i wrote

percipitation
gray sky's tears of joy
bursting into greens

wrote one about my place of work... and this morning.. one in comments on leonard's blog..

guess they're not all out of my system yet..

something irritatingly fun and challenging about them.. magnetic.

once you are presented with the basic (westernized) criteria: 3 lines:

5 syllables
7 syllables
5 syllables

it becomes almost impossible not to give it a go...

and i trust you will comment accordingly /she says with a smile.

2 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

From the Handsome Prince of Poetry

Haiku, my ardor
for you is being dwarfed by
rumors of Snow White.

(I, too, have tremendous difficulty quitting Haiku once I get started; lately, that goes double for Haynaku.)

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger SHE said...

Original post 04/13/2012

 

Post a Comment

<< Home