Tuesday, September 18, 2012

THE HANDS GOD DEALT (me!) a poem by sandra, tvgp

oh,

when i look at the hands God dealt me...

steering the car

clapping for my son on the basketball court

making coffee

affectionately twirling my daughter's hair

folded in prayer


when i look at these hands that God dealt me..

caressing my lover's skin

washing myself in the shower

opening doors and windows

moving my wireless mouse

texting i love you's to my parents

clinking wine glasses with my brother and sister and friends


when i stop and look at these hands that God has dealt me...

as they feel a blooming flower

trace hearts in the dust on the dashboard of my car

test the temperature of water from the kitchen faucet


tuck my hair behind my ears

i mean


just look at these hands that God has dealt me

the ones i'm using write now on the keyboard to type this poem

how could i possibly thank God enough for the hands that he has dealt me?


~use them for his glory every day.

2 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger SHE said...

Originally posted 01/24/2012

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger SHE said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home