Friday, January 26, 2018

NOW CLOSED by (me!) sandra, tvgp


this is 
  only for people interested in human memory storage
triggers/cerebral hyperlinks

NOW CLOSED
My Bank Robbery Cerebral Hyperlink

If you have any interest, it is HERE
but I will not be re-telling it verbally
even when it is germane to the conversation and perfectly acceptable to do so
-I'm just plain tired of it
I feel taxed by the energy I know will be required to tell it, before I even say the first word
each time this commercial plays, I consciously override, and do not open (click on) the cerebral hyperlink that does exist in my brain.

when Robert had a football play-off party
and this, very entertaining, very well edited, southwest commercial comes on
anyone who has a cerebral hyperlink in their brains to a bank-robbery related personal experience will automatically share their story

and two or three people did

and of course, the purple dye..
it is a cerebral hyperlink to my bank robbery experience
and I could have jumped in and shared my experience

but, I looked around the room, 
I knew, someone else, with a different personality could hold court with this story, and fascinate everyone in the room

but, the commercials would be over soon, and people would want to watch the game
I didn't want to race-tell the story
also, 
there would no doubt be questions
and I didn't have the energy to tell the whole experience
so I decided not to mention it  -at all.

but, 

the bank robbery itself
means very little to me

what means a lot to me!

the capturing of the memories by THREE of us!  each there.. but, from a different perspective
and raw, unedited; not polished writing; authentic


it is one of the greatest treasures in my entire blog
because of how the platform of a blogosphere
allowed me to share my memories, 
and then, much later, sue-sue to share hers..
and then much later
steve shaw to share his!

it is a living document

if anyone else who was there wanted to..  they could add on at will  /with my authorization.

****

and it allows us   -(me!) to see how human memory, does, and does not work

***

that brings me to another experience that happen during the football playoff party Robert hosted

at some point..  Jon Gruden, being also everywhere in the news write now

-well, 

Robert's friend John said something about Jon Gruden's   -son-


-son???-


I did not say out loud, but struggled to remember..

I thought he had all girls.

here's why..

because, 

1. jon gruden's child (children) went to the same pre-school briefly, that my children went to
Sonshine Pre-School in Pleasanton
I crossed paths with him..  a few times/in passing only
and then he, his family, left for Florida


2.  someone, who apparently is not Jon Gruden  -but who I locked in my mind as being very male, and sports/athletic professional
-someone at the pre-school had all girls..

and I remember wondering,  -for such a sports guy..
did he wish he had at least one son?  or would he coach his girls, and involve them, as they got older

we are going back, some.. 17+ years...

I just remember.. pondering/considering
how that happens in life

the sports-fanatic dad, will end up with all girls
the beauty pageant mom, with all boys

anyway..

I would have lost money by betting on my own memory
and was glad I didn't say out loud
"no, jon has all girls.."

because when I looked it up..   sons.

and, then, with that memory all off, 

was it jon gruden?
am I confusing?

let's call it a memory check-up

but, i'll ask Carla.. if it was during jack's time there, and not taryns..  might find out..

and I appreciate again, yet again
how this blog has served as my memory storage
because, if I document it
and it is not compromised by anyone

it is far more accurate than I am on my own
and can store much more information
that can actually be pretty quickly accessed.

"to the blogosphere!   cheers! and thank you!  and amen!"

***

2 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Suzanne Coleman said...

CLOSED??!! I say that with a bit of desperation because it’s one of the few memories in my past that I remember...crystal clear...like it was yesterday. It was also one of the few times I was proud of myself for thinking clearly (during hyper traumatic paralyzing fear from head to toe), and for making good decisions under pressure and at the same time clear minded as well as appropriately unleashing a fresh mouth to a ‘very selfish, unwise adult, that had an opportunity to do the write thing, but chose to turn a blind eye and ‘so he foolishly thought’)...save his own hide.
But, still to this day (I celebrate each and every one)my favorite people from that morning were all the wonderful, busy ladies (I’m sorry to say, with all the anxiety that was engulfing my mind, I failed to get one beautiful ladies name)...from the beauty parlour two doors down from the bank.
Generally, all of the ladies & the clients they were assisting, are pretty blurry (all these years later)...but, not the fantastic, beautiful, ray of sunshine, heart and soul with the Lord, platinum blonde bee hive hair style, eyes with frosted blue eyeshadow, long black lashes (pretty and glamorous, not falsie drugstore type. She had a white collared blouse & pink ‘peddle pushers’ (‘capris’ as we know them today)...and she had a multiethnic-colored silk-type scarf which tied the front of her hair back...which highlighted her pretty, sweet face. Yes, I remember her so clearly, as if she were briskly approaching me to offer her ‘hero ways’. Did I mention her beautiful, radiant, welcoming smile? With the brightest whites I ever remember seeing, with full lips, brushed with shiny frosted pink lipstick. If I had to guess her name...I would have to say it was Bridgette, or Patricia. Of course that’s mere speculation. I don’t recall her eye color or if she wore earrings. I do remember she was a very kind lady (in her late 30’s to early 40’s...most of all...she was an angel sent by God. I am convinced of that!
I can’t remember verbatim, the exact description of what the ‘Super Woman’ was feeling at that exact moment in time...but I do remember, although her short list of adjectives she generously used to describe her next door neighbor (which divided the bank and the beauty parlor). I could tell right away, she knew exactly WHICH barber I was speaking of when I explained that I went to the barber shop, but the man refused to call the police for me. He said, ‘Someone else can call, I don’t want to be involved.’
Another entry to the blogousfere...one last hyperlink to add....’The nameless angel lady that ran the beauty shop, that operated like a sweet, but seasoned, ‘air-traffic controller’...definitely in-charge, boss lady...said my 16 year old mind. A true blue guardian angel, that’s for sure.
I’ve thought about that assertive, mothering-like (knew just what to do & didn’t mind one bit to vocalize her current emotions). I have a feeling everyone always knew where Bridget/Patricia stood on any given day. Shy she was not. I thank the baby Jesus she was not.
Those are the extent of my memories of that panic, heart racing, aged twenty years of wisdom kind of day. I’m so grateful we were all in Jesus’ loving care that day, even though we may not have been aware at the time...he absolutely was. That day has several entries in my gratitude list...it is branded in my brain...like it or not. I borrow the majority from the glorious hero’s and blessings of that tumultuous day. Praise Jesus we’re here to share our experiences. Amen :) xoxo

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger SHE said...

sue~sue! your memory blows my mind.. so appreciate your recollections here; addendums..

let me re-explain what I mean by NOW CLOSED. -I do not mean access to the post here on my blog..that should always remain open! it is one of my greatest treasures! awesome beyond words.. what raw, authentic, memories captured by three of us!

what I mean, is that.. even though certain conversations in certain social circles would justify my retelling the story to an individual, or social group. I'm just consciously choosing to override that cerebral default 'share now' setting.. and not re-telling it.. it is too taxing

and if I were to say, in a social setting, like, "I was in a bank when it was robbed..." then the natural thing, is to say more... which i'd like to skip..

and if I followed up with, , "but I don't have the energy to tell you more about it...if you are interested you can read about it.. its on my blog.." that might seem, -rude, or somehow just not write...

so, I'm just skipping it all together.. those who know; know. those who will come across it; will come across it..

it's there. that's what matters to me. how many times can we repeat a life experience story..

it remains true for me today.. talking uses up a lot of energy; like driving an SUV in San Francisco.. writing refuels; reenergizes.. it is like a hybrid on a flat highway.. I can write and write and write...

I'm just too tired to talk about all these things sometimes, you know..

it is an effort on my part to move forward..

NOW CLOSED for me is starting to include.. the joy riding/grand theft auto experience; the tony robbins/walk on hot coal experience; and this list seems to be growing..

but I am enormously grateful to have captured these memories/experiences in writing..


and hey..

we are over-due for our next coffee shop tour friendship date...

love you so much! xoxo


 

Post a Comment

<< Home