Friday, January 19, 2018

every page! ~aperitif for (me!) sandra, tvgp


and so it happened, 
that in the early morning of January 19, twenty eighteen
I turned, slowly, each page, savoring the last paragraphs; 
noting the seasoning of each word while delighting in the combined flavor of his sentences 

and as it sometimes happens for many of us

distracted by lively conversation, I was unaware
at what pace I was sipping, 

unaware of how many finger-food reaches, fork-fulls

pace yourself, save room for the meal...

but, when I looked down at our plate
when I glanced at my glass

empty; both.

and so,  I cancelled the main meal
because I filled up on appetizers

but!

I somehow saved room for dessert.

and that became then, my new habit; because I learned  -that's the best part

anything less, 
anything more, 

 not enough, too much; respectively.

but, 

appetizers, spirits and dessert.

and that is my book review:

each page was like... so delicious, so stimulating

I paced myself, small bites, conservative sips

and next thing you know,  I was happy and full!


~the perfect meal.

***


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home