Friday, September 27, 2013

D.I.E. (that's funny). By (me!) Sandra, tvgp

I didn't realize it would spell DIE... I was just creating an abbreviation for my Daily Ignorance Encounter... Because also very recently, my son asks me, "is there sound in space?". And I was like, "of course there's sound in space.. You've got asteroids crashing together and stuff like that..". And then my daughter's boyfriend uses his fancy phone and reads something that explains how there is clearly not sound in outer space... I don't remember verbatim, but had something to do with a lack of particles that created a lack of ability for waves, which are necessary for sound. Well! I decided in that very moment, that the whole "X" and "Y" generation labels were totally off... What we really have is Q & A... My generation is the Q generation... We have lots of questions... And my children's generation is generation "A". -because they have all the answers, -literally! In the palm of their hands. Amazing.. Anyway.. I wasn't in the mood to be wrong.. In front of my daughter, her boyfriend zeke, carol, Gail, my handsome prince, and especially my son.. I mean, he might start to question everything I tell him; and let's avoid that if we can.. So I said, "ah hah! Then.. There IS sound in space, it just doesn't have a way to manifest.". -yeah, so there... They don't call me writeousmom for nothin'. -i may not know a lot about the outside world.. But I know a lot about our insides. Well, I don't know a lot about our insides either, not like a doctor or surgeon.. The insides of our hearts.. And not our physical hearts; our spiritual ones. You know how we have the C.I.A.... Central intelligence.. Well, what I have is Internal Intelligence. An awareness of my own thoughts, feelings, motives, intentions.. And when to question and override them vs. When to pay attention and honor them. -hold every thought captive.. /passage in the Bible about that... So anyway.. I may not know whether the cheese I just ate came from a cow, or goat, or sheep.. And I may not know why God didn't allow for a way for sound to manifest in outer space... But I know for sure! That I love when my family/friends gather together for a meal, some tv, and unpredictable conversations... "thank you Jesus!". Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home