Wednesday, May 22, 2013

microphone please by (me!) sandra, tvgp

k, now.. let's say I stand in front of you. and I place another person in front of you. and then pose the question: should these two people receive the same punishment if in fact they commit the exact same crime? or do you believe one should get a flick, the other a flogging. oh, this is just (me!) whining about my speeding ticket again. $250!! ... or like, $297 if I opt for traffic school. and it just pissed me off to read "unsafe driving" -really? no other cars anywhere on the road, no pedestrians anywhere, late at night.. speed limit goes from 45 to 25, and I just didn't slow down quick enough.. just wanted to get home after a long night shift... and, I was just thinkin' how $250 for me, on my limited income vs. $250 for some of the wealthy people around here... well, it sure feels like my punishment is much greater.. will last longer, than a wealthy person who received the exact same ticket, for exceeding the speed limit by the exact same amount. -and that argument carries over to too many situations to list... but what if the punishment was not money; but time. community service, say.. oh! the tables turn.. or what if we did it by %. so, your fine for speeding ='s a given percentage of your weekly income.. this seems more fair to me. like a person on limited income and wealthy person would feel the same pain for the same crime... know what I mean? wah, wah, wah.. thanks for letting me vent.. I wrote the damn check and requested monthly payments... /and add this to my growing list of how the rich get richer, and the poor get trapped...

3 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger SHE said...

and then i was thinkin'

..how my idea, genius as it is..

well, what would happen is this:

because the potential percentage of weekly income would be more promising, from someone say, driving a porche, than someone driving a 2007 SATURN HYBRID, for example


accidentally

it would create an incentive for police officers to pull over people driving nicer cars


and then i thought..

and wouldn't that be a nice change of pace.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger grandpapez said...

DAD DO NOT SPEED LOVE ALWAYS

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger SHE said...

oh, hi dad! say,

remember when you said you were always good for $100...



that still true, i'm wonderin'


love you! xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home