Tuesday, May 21, 2013

BEST DATE NIGHT OF THE YEAR! for (me!) sandra, tvgp

let me first do another ribbons, ties and bows; wrap a few stories up: re-visited san leandro. guess how many days it took me to recover: zero! guess how much of my life force was stolen: 0.02%. God is good. I think it often... how when people look upon a crisis, disaster, tragedy of one kind or another, "where is God in all this?" -my answer is this: "God is your ladder out..." speaking of.. my children, -starting to feel a little overwhelmed by the back to back tragedies in the news.. the terrorist attack, boston bombings, shootings here and shootings there, the tornado.. all the lives being lost. "there is no shortage of people who need help.. God needs lots of soldiers.. I know you have a first responder spirit in you.." i remind them. -and i know, when the time is write.. they will go be helpful.. putting back together what has been destroyed. i pray thanks to all the responders... my work continues -on behalf of theHeartseen.com. fun plans for Saturday july 13th. -mark your calendar/save that date. and we are nearing our 2 year anniversary, my handsome prince and i.. and just had, what was for me, -our favorite date night: open mic night at our church. i mean to tell you.. it was wonderful. i can't wait to get back.. it's like the coolest variety show; live! people of all ages.. little, little ones.. to senior citizens.. singing, dancing, piano.. and first time nervous novices to professionals you can't believe you get to see/hear for free... i delighted in every minute of it. and it is a highly supportive/encouraging environment. not competitive/degrading/humiliating/eliminating -like so many talent competitions on tv today.. you are guaranteed applause, love, appreciation no matter what your level/talent/age. -beautiful. i asked my handsome prince.. "are you being sincere? did you enjoy that as much as i did... 'cuz i love that kind of thing .. that's my favorite date!" -and he loved it too.. and i already can't wait for the next one.. plus! i am bursting at the seams to read my short/short story; fiction! at that.. that i submitted to npr's three minute fiction contest.. i had so much fun writing this story.. and was so pleased with the results, that i locked my children in the car for a forced reading... they liked it too. lots of mixed media projects in the works.. lots of ideas for poets/poetry in the works... it's been the most exciting baseball season ever... and a treat to be the passenger now, and let my daughter drive. congratulate her here on a recent tour de force driving/parking journey to walnut creek... and i love my new job at rick's picks.. blessing of an environment/responsibilities/location/co-workers; a good match for who and where i am in life. "thank you Jesus!" ~amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home