Wednesday, March 06, 2013

ENCOURAGEMENT & VALIDATION for (me!) Sandra, tvgp

I do not actually have the patience required for getting theHeartseen through all the stages required to manifest and become up n' operational (nor do I have the funds).. and so it is by grace, and grace alone. And I do pray for encouragement and I consider that prayer answered every single time a person mentions or emails me a found heart they've taken a picture of... The other thing I pray for, is validation.. To have my creative projects, or writings, or life experiences in general; validated. Such a prayer was answered last night when I happened across a Lisa ling program regarding two individuals -one male, one female- who had each, in entirely different circumstances, by different people, been raped/repeatedly sexually assaulted in their youth, and were sharing their survival stories.. The woman, who had as a child been abused in her own home.. Has not/will not return to that home, and her parents do still live there. "that's like me!". "I understand!". "me neither!". -but for me, it's not my childhood home.. It's the city of San leandro. My brain still tells me... Stay the F#%£ away from there. But I repeat here.. It's not fear based; it's to avoid debilitating depression. And interesting, because the man.. He does return to the location where he was abused as a boy and I think, considers this.. Progress. The important lesson is that it is different for everyone and you have to honor your own truth. Me and her.. Her and me.. Maybe you? -we have no desire to return; period. Not write or wrong, just, as my sister is fond of saying, "is what it is." but I sure did thank Jesus for helping me come across that program and see that woman and learn her story.. To be or not to be validated; makes a mighty difference.

2 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Katherine said...

Yup. There's no way I will visit the place where I was raped. Not worth it and besides, it's not a great place anyway--makes it easier. Ha!

Metaphorically speaking, of course, the same is true with our psyches--once we have processed and had therapy and have had time to heal, we do not have to volunteer to emotionally go back to that place. And anyone who forces us to is an accomplice to the rapist, IMO.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger SHE said...

I can't tell you just how much I appreciate your comments here my bbf and sister survivor "thank you!"

Key word is force.

God shines in, and on and through you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home