Monday, February 25, 2013

WAIT! TIL SQUIDMANN HEARS THIS! by (me!) Sandra, tvgp

-k, so. Goes like this.. Something like this: I'm at church yesterday.. Topic is grace. Pastor mike incorporates this story.. And please visit the website to hear it yourself, I'm just gonna give the ultra bullet proofed version.. Ivy league college students.. Required to study like never before.. To pass a life or death test.. Whole careers are riding on it kind of thing.. So they study, study, study: enter the classroom on test day.. Test papers are all facedown on their desks. And when they flip them over... Well, when they flip them over.. ALL THE CORRECT ANSWERS ARE ALREADY THERE! Then the professor explains, "that's grace. That's what grace is.." You don't earn it; it's already there..". And so, don't you know I leaned over to my daughter and said, "see! I've known it all along.. Leonard gives me all the answers.. He is grace!". And now, how do you like that? An atheist full of grace. ..grace-full atheist... Miracles never cease.

4 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Leonard Stegmann said...

Wow! I'm grace personified! I knew it!

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger SHE said...

wish you could see the expression on people's faces when i tell them i get 100% on ALL your quizzes, because

"he gives me all the answers!"

and then they get all irritated, disappointed, or tell me it doesn't count then

and i'm like, you just don't get it then.."

but i do, and "I WIN!"

which doesn't seem to happen anywhere else,

so "thank you!" squidmann

your grace-ish-ness


xoxo ~s.c.

permanent reigning QUEEN &CHAMPION

2006-present

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger SHE said...

p.s. -you remember who else got it write away:

ray orrock

r.i.p.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger SHE said...

p.s. -you remember who else got it write away:

ray orrock

r.i.p.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home