Friday, February 15, 2013

PERSONAL RECORDS by (me!) Sandra, tvgp

Really, I find this kind of thing fascinating and fun.. How often I wake up, -no alarm or radio or anything, but I wake up with a song already playing in my head.. On my birthday, I was literally woken up by prince. Not my handsome prince -prince. Purple rain prince. He was sayin' .."Dearly beloved we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life..Electric word life, it means forever and that's a mighty long time. But I'm here to tell you there's something else, the afterworld. A world of never-ending happiness, where you can see the sun day or night. So when you call up that shrink in Beverly hills..you know the one..Doctor everything'll be alright. Instead of asking him how much of your time is left.. Ask him how much of your mind, baby. 'cuz in this life, things are much harder than the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own..(and by now, I'm outta bed dancin' my way toward the shower) ..and if the elevator tries to bring you down..(adjusting water temperature/removing clothes)..GO CRAZY... (dancin' my way in the shower): Don't like the world you're in..Take a look around..least you've got friends..Called my old lady..For a friendly word,Picked up the phone dropped it on the floor..sex, sex, is all I heard..Are we gonna let the elevator bring us down? Oh no, let's go! Let's go crazy.. Let's get nuts..Look for the purple banana, til they put us in the truck, Let's go! We're all excited, but don't know why...Maybe it's because, we're all gonna die! -and when we do... What's it all for? You better live now.. Before the grim reaper comes knockin' on your door..(using razor as my microphone): tell me, are we gonna let the elevator bring us down? Oh no, let's go! Let's go crazy.. Let's get nuts... ***END***. And then this very morning, I was woken up very gently, softly, by a voice and song I haven't heard in a hundred years.. "baby ima want you, baby ima need you.. You're the only one I care enough to hurt about. Maybe ima crazy, but I just can't live without...Your lovin' and affection,given me direction..Like a guiding light to help me through my darkest hour. Lately ima a prayin that you'll always BEa stayin beside me... ***and I know, somewhere, somehow, when I wrote the "IMA" in my IMA SUPER WOMAN poem two days go, this is what somehow... Triggered... IMA associations in my brain, until it found one... How the prince song landed/played I'm not as certain.. But this one, I'm sure about. And fascinated how our brains, like computers, are constantly searching for/identifying common links.. It searches for matches: matching words, or emotions, or flavors, visual icons, aromas.. Similar stories/experiences.. Anything in our memory banks.. And every day, every experience, song, conversation, image, sight, sound, smell is a deposit in our memory banks. Interesting thing is.. There is only room for one at a time, on the stage of our conscious awareness, so although a trigger might have several, or hundreds, or thousands of potential links/matches fighting to perform on that stage..only one wins at a time. -how this gets determined, I have no idea, but.. Fun to self-observe and wonder about it. And I'm making up the numbers for what I'm about to say just to make a larger point: but everyday.. Of our waking hours we are unconsciously taking in memory deposits by the nano second.. When you factor that fact in.. It makes anything born in or from our IMAGINATIONS much more significant. This is my contemplation as of late... Imagination vs. Practical memory. To truly create something outside of, without the aid of, ideas, images, etc from the exposures of our practical, everyday lives. *several prior blogs about ideas self-generated vs. Received come to mind here. And will close with repeating, how once I learned just how impactful every image, sight, sound etc. Is on our brains, memories, psychology, etc, and started to take charge of what I do and don't let my brain have exposure to, my life improved DRAMATICALLY. There is a lot we are exposed to, we have no control over.. But more importantly, there is a lot we do. I am HIGHLY selective, and conscious, and aware.. And the benefits are enormous. Oh! One more recent example... Because I don't watch the news... And someone said to me, with a hint of derogatory tone, "so..you just block out bad news". I said back, "instead, I watch Joyce Meyer and creflo dollar... So the way I see it.. If we both watched tv for 1 hour a day.. I didnt block out the bad news. YOU blocked out the good news... and I'm not that stupid". -which demonstrated I need even more church tv, because a more mature Christian would have bit their tongue where I still have a tendency to stick mine out with a piercing in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home