Thursday, March 21, 2013

DAYS LIKE THIS by (van Morrison!) for (me!) Sandra, tvgp

And so, I was drivin' down the bernal hill where everyone's car naturally -and safely, I might add- goes about 40mph, but speed limit is 30. And not only is the 30 speed limit posted in a traditional way, but there is also one of those portable electronic flashing sign gizmo things which provides a Vegas style lightshow illuminating the exact speed your car is traveling... So, instead of saying, "girls! Girls! Girls!" it flashes, 40! Slow down! 38! that's better! Slow down more!" but honestly... It's downhill! Steep! Like a roller coaster... Makes you want to take your foot off the break and put your hands in the air. And that's what I sometimes do, but today.. For reasons only Jesus and van morrison's mama know... I was listening to KLOVE 107.3, (my positive and encouraging music station) and singin' along to Toby Mac..."I don't want To gain the whole world and lose my soul.." and without personally, consciously trying, I was simultaneously driving.... -the legal speed limit! And then glanced to my write... And spotted a police car with it's nose sticking out of a driveway at the bottom of the roller coaster hill just waiting to catch someone speeding... I even made eye contact with the officer and smiled and winked because... Well, I was innocent! And it is the greatest feeling to accidentally (or supernaturally) being going the speed limit when you - surprise! -come across a cop car... So, I did the sign of the cross.. Said "thank you Jesus!" and continued on my 30mph way... And then somewhere along the way realized I was singin' van morrison: "When you DON'T get betrayed by that old judas kiss..Oh my mama told me there'll be days like this...When you don't need to worry, there'll be days like this... When no ones in a hurry.. There'll be days like this..." and may I add on here, that the sky is beautiful blue today! The air is crisp and clear.. Good things not only seem possible; but probable.... Inevitable... Writeousmom says... Love, love, love... Days like this

1 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger SHE said...

Foot off the brake, ...-I meant

 

Post a Comment

<< Home