Wednesday, March 20, 2013

ADVENTURES IN BASEBALL with (me!) writeousmom/Sandra, tvgp

Like, getting there. To the game. That's where the adventure begins. Especially for those of us born without the advantage of an internal compass, or the ability to use an external one. For us, it is not so poetic a journey as "the road not taken" but rather more like, "the wrong road taken; again -and again.". I'm still not quite sure how I turned what should have been a "L" shaped drive route into a figure eight, but my daughter and her boyfriend, and my son, and my niece, nephew and sister, and anyone and everyone who finds themselves trapped as a passenger in my writeousmom-mobile... Well, they've all trained themselves to be good sports about it. "It was a pretty drive" my daughter said with such compassion. "as in pretty long..." -but anyway.. We made it. And in time to witness a baseball game with a basketball scoreboard... 23! To like, 2 or 3. Now, my son has sometimes been on the opposite side of the winning team, but this time he was on the same side as the winning team, and so instead of my "you'll get 'em next time" speech, I got to give my "awesome!.... Be a gracious winner.." speech. -awesome it was! Three different homeruns... My son with a walk, a single, a double and a triple! Plus several great plays at 1st. Cool parents in the stands.. My daughter and her boyfriend making each other laugh with jokes and stories between innings, me and my handsome prince snuggled in to keep warm.. The whole game played under a gray sky with the constant threat of rain.. occasional wind blowing the white flowers from the trees like a spring snow in the stands. and I just never stop learning from watching my son play baseball.. "..not whether you win or lose.. But just how long will it take me to get to the next game?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home