Saturday, September 29, 2012

TRUTH AND LIES IN LITERATURE by (Stephen Vizinczey!)

I honor this quirk in my personality again... The same quirk that inspired me to devour Joyce carol oats journals, but not her actual novels. -because I find myself devouring Stephen vizinczey's essays and reviews, but not his... Well, wait a minute; a change of heart has come on.../and perhaps a dose of hormones... Landed me write at the Pleasanton library again: I pulled out truth and lies which I received thank you to the link program , from San Francisco university, I said.."let me tell you what has happened here... I love this so much I am forced to order another Vizinczey.. Can you link me up with in praise of older women?" -and I did not get her name, but the woman who placed my order /my age.. She said out loud how she liked the title. so, I will let you know when the masterpiece arrives. Now, I read for pleasure, for growth, and have managed to skip "reviewing" or critizing what I read personally, and also quite intentionally skip scholarly reviews and criticisms. I know what I like, and if I do, I keep reading... If I don't I stop. Especially! I detest when crap written by ugly people with ugly motivations is given even more time and attention due to public reviews and criticisms.. Feed what you love; starve what you don't. And speaking of feeding what you love... My daughter has just requested I make her a birds nest... That is my 1 out of about 3 things I can make in the kitchen that is not a shrinky dink. I'm off to foreign territory... Have a blessed day.

2 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger SHE said...

Note. I think if there is not already a name for this condition or syndrome there should be: I tell you the symptoms: it is the psychological torture one experiences when reading a book from the library vs. One you own

The inability to write in the margins, highlight, fold pages, etc.

The link sticker on the cover of truth and lies says $115 for a lost. (or damaged) book

If I had it... I wouldn't be at the library to begin with... But I would cause great damage to this book! Ink everywhere!

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger SHE said...

My daughter named it: Libraribookeisium.


Perfect. Give it an ICDM code.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home