Sunday, September 23, 2012

"MARY. J. BLIGE! LIVE! IN CONCORD for (me!) sandra, tvgp

well, (us!) me, my daughter and our hp's. LET ME TELL YOU.. this is when i am the most disappointed in myself as a human being. when i think i must just embarrass Jesus.. or piss him off. because.. kinda like those moments when God gives you a perfectly healthy, beautiful new baby.. and you complain about the hair color. know what i mean? out of nowhere.. my daughter has a friend, who has a parent, who has like.. an INCREDIBLE DEAL on VIP.. VIP! tickets to see MARY J BLIGE IN CONCERT! IN CONCORD! k, so.. let me tell you about what VIP stands for: free close parking.. dinner on the private terrace, VIP seating, own private table, own private waitress, own private bathrooms! i will spare you the drama i experienced getting my shift covered so we could go.. (even if it has to cost me my job...) honey.. "WE ARE GOING!" -AND now it's true, my priorities will be judged harshly by some.. i need an oil change, i need new brakes, i need to see a dentist.. but! more than any of that, i needed to see MARY. J. BLIGE! LIVE IN CONCERT -a double date with my daughter. a memorable, wonderful experience no one could ever take away from us.. she loves her too! an artist who speaks write to the heart of both the young and .... middle aged. daughter.. mother... and our handsome princes love her too! so add on.. an artist who speaks to both genders and all generations. -so.. maybe this speaks to my inability to prioritize correctly.. or maybe it speaks to the power of music in our lives.. but i said, "Jesus.. i know you understand" and got the cash advance.. and got the tickets! but it is not this behavior/decision i think embarrassed or irritated Jesus.. it's this one: even with VIP parking, private dinner on the terrace, private seating, private waitress, private bathrooms.. gorgeous climate.. outstanding warm up performances.. and MARY. J. BLIGE! LIVE! giving her audience everything she had, and then some.. even though i smiled, and danced, and sang, and drank.. and had the absolute best time of my life.. shared such a beautiful evening with my daughter and our handsome princes.. in all honesty... i've still not entirely recovered from the fact that she did not perform.. the take me as i am song. everyone has that one song their (i mean they're) waiting to hear.. longing to hear... that one song you know all the lyrics too.. the one song you've heard on the radio.. or cd... and just know would be almost life changing to hear live... and if you don't hear it during the body of the main performance... you are ABSOLUTELY SURE you will hear it as part of the encore.. well.. i waited (and danced and sang and ate and drank), and waited.. (and danced, and sang, and ate and drank)... and waited and cried watching MJB... oh! you know that saying, "she left it all on the stage" -it means the artist held nothing back.. went inside the deepest place within themselves to sing their hearts out for their fans.. she did that for us! in a song i think is called, no more... -she gave us everything! well, ALMOST EVERYTHING..... she did not give us, -take me as i am. she did one of my daughter's favorites for her encore... and then i was extra sure mine was coming next.. but then: LIGHTS ON. ARTIST GONE. THE END. -because the lights went on.. no one even chanted and begged her to come back out.. everyone seem to know the show really was over. oh.. my heart was BR o Ken. and i felt so guilty.. such a rare night with all the spoilins' anyone could ever ask for.. and still... i longed for more. i wanted to hear take me as i am. i'm still disappointed and tryin' to make peace with it.. three or so days later i told my daughter it must mean that i'm supposed to see her again! "but dear Jesus... only on this one condition..." /can you believe the gall of my prayers.. but! i'm going to retype the lyrics in the next post and i think you will understand. it speaks to and about a gazillion different women from around the world.. (me!) included.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home