Saturday, September 29, 2012

Dear Phil cousineau from (me! And taryn!)

How timely! To read about you in livermore's independent today.. Especially with my daughter inventing a new word this very morning...See prior post/comments. And which re-triggered a re-post of the wild card word blog from 2006. AND! the extra push I needed to make this confession... Not sure what category this falls in? Same as your endlessly/Leslie mishearing or, it's kind of the opposite of the hors d' oeuvres story. What happen for me... To me, is this: k wait, yes a mishearing... 'cuz all my life I thought when people were describing someone with an unconquerable spirit they were using the same word used in the Christmas specials from my youth.. You know the one.. Rudolph and the abominable snowman, or snow-monster. I thought abominable meant no one Had ever or could ever conquer "THE ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN!!" I didn't know it meant Hateful or loathsome. OMG! How many times have I been meaning to compliment someone's unconquerable spirit and instead I've been criticizing and insulting them. I'm not going to confess how recently I read the word indomitable and was like, oh ship! ..for the love of words... Hope I get to tune into your global spirit program.. Sounds fun

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home