Wednesday, July 03, 2024

public "Thank You!" to taryn from (me!) writeousmom


how did i live without this?   -it's a guaranteed chunk of joy built into everyday life.  when she first showed me though, 

please tell me there is a way to turn off these countdown clocks..   i hate them.

and, of course, she knew how..   just click here, go there, click that; done.

and once i learned i could play without being timed

well, i've been playing ever since.

my husband told my family, "she's addicted..."

i threw him a stern look.   i'm not addicted...  /i mean, my God, that's such a strong word with so many negative connotations..

        -but, should you, you know, see the laundry piling up, the dishes stacking..  and some meals going skipped     -i might be in a closet somewhere rearranging 1's and 9's 

don't judge until you've played

spelling bee calls me 'solid'; wordle rewards my process of elimination skills; strands say i'm 'perfect'; and with connections, there's always a next time; so mini answers, i just ignore the time...   and 

"congratulations!"  letter boxed says i'm awesome..   genius even!    -my vacuum does not talk to me this way

i like compliments and being acknowledged, don't you?

being...   5 letter word with two vowels..  three cool consonants.. good placement.. 

someone has just got to make a vacuum with a digital pad that reads..    G r e a t J o b K e e p G o i n g N o b o d y C l e a n s A H o u s e L i k e Y o u..  W e l l D o n e ..   H a v e  A G l a s s O f W i n e N o w 

anyway, 

loved learning during a recent family visit, that like, i'm the last one to jump on board with the new york times app games    my daughter, my son, my future daughter in law..   

and i have some friends who...      why didn't you ever tell me about it?

afraid i might...    "wordle on the very first try!"




truth is..  i do not like to be timed; and i'm not into stats.  i just enjoy playing at my own pace and i love how you can start, put it down, return later in the day

sudoku and the mini crossword neglect to factor this in.   it did not take me 5 minutes!  jeez...  i had to go the bathroom..   and then replace the toilet paper...   and then a neighbor knocked on the door..

   -not the bathroom door..   the front door..   

i think they should either eliminate the posting of the time all together; for those of us who don't really care anyway..    or; we get to click on a box that reads    extenuating circumstances

i like to feel like an 'awesome genius'  not 'pathetically slow; why bother'

can't just playing be enough; and finishing, our reward   -must we always be in a race?  -out with clocks!

back to wordle   (which is not timed and 10x more fun)

i'm not alone in discovering it is my favorite of the bunch   -and so much so that i recently got the book(s)

i was curious too; and everyone asks, so i'll show you:





yeah.  pretty cool.  and 'fun fact!' my daughter shared with me:  wordle's creator:  josh wardle

university of oregon..  she's alumni, and i'm a PMD 


/had it custom made; love to show it off...   

back to the book version of wordle:


 i love paper. i love pencils.  i love writing.

i never dreamed that one day paper, pencils and writing would be considered old school.

anyway again,     /5 letter word... three vowel spots; two vowels; helpful...

i love that our whole family is in on it...  everyone seems to have a different favorite and different strength but everyone loves it all the same and it inspires playful competition 

maybe this already exists and i just havent come across it, but, all i'm sayin' is

if vegas had some of these games..

i'd skip the poker and the roulette and the keno

say yes to the free drinks

and play me some word games.

"selah!"      /5 letters...  great consonants


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home