Wednesday, June 05, 2024

"floating without floaties!" in the atlantic (sexy! & topps!) in puerto rico


lots, LOTS! of pix, blessings, extraordinary experiences which i will post eventually, but TODAY:
i must share one of my all time coolest floating experiences.  i have floated in pools, and had to kind of work at it..  take deep breaths; hold...    and i could only float for short increments.   i floated many, many, years ago, while snorkeling at molokini, but i had a floating device around my waist, which made it effortless

most recently, my sexy and i, floated on floaties, in the pool at petaluma koa campgrounds..  love floating!

but, this experience, in dorado puerto rico, at the beach outside the gates of embassy suites; this tops the charts for me personally

didn't know about it in advance; didn't plan for it; no one told us about it..  how it happened is like this:

we placed our chairs in the ocean, so that a large percentage of our bodies were under water, while our heads/faces remained up out of the water and we could talk and visit

but, i realized, in short time; in order to stay in the chair; i had to hold on to the chair

greatest sensation! was to let go of the chair, and then my hands and arms began floating on their own; then i let the water lift my legs, lift my entire body..

then i laid my head back, and my entire body was carried very slowly and very gently off by the gentle current

"i'm floating without a floatie!  this is wild!"

and the best position it turns out; the most comfortable and relaxing, was after i copied my sexy, and folded my arms up, and placed my hands, fingers locked, beneath my head, in full relax mode; and i gently moved legs together so that my feet were touching side by side

then i closed my eyes and just floated...   and floated...  and "i'm still floating without a floatie!"

and because i kept my eyes closed, i had no actual idea which way i was headed... further out?  left of chairs?   and sometimes my entire body, i could tell, would move in half a circle counterclockwise..

oh! it is probably one of the best things for our entire minds, bodies, spirits, souls..   to feel utterly weightless, safe, free   -surrendered to the whims of nature

of course i used this time to pray...   floated without a floatie, with my eyes closed, just letting the sun shine on my face and body, the current carry me..  and itemized some old, some new  (some borrowed, some blue); thank you prayers to Jesus

one time, what woke me out of my relaxed floating prayer state, was that my butt hit the sand near shore...   then i would pop up in surprise and delight, like, oh! you brought me write back...

then i'd sit again on the chair in the water...    holding on at first..    then, again, 

let go

let the water lift my arms, hands, legs, body,  -relax my head, and let the ocean take me again..

one time, i floated for i don't know how long exactly..   but heard my sexy laughing because the current took me for a slow, gentle ride and then literally brought me write back to the chair itself!

so, we made this a daily experience to encore during our stay:  wake up in our honeymoon suite, some spiritual time; coffee on the patio that overlooked the ocean (a true ocean view!); then we'd head down for the complimentary breakfast embassy suites provides; welcomed by the beautiful smile of the hostess, myra; order custom omeletts, or fried eggs from Jorge, the rock star chef..  enjoy breakfast at a table overlooking the koi pond...  return to our honeymoon suite to change into swimsuits and saturate ourselves in sunscreen..

head to the stunning pool(s), where my sexy had already saved some chairs, before we even had breakfast; and when the fun music started..  that meant it was 11am

and 11am meant 

"pina coladas!"  from the poolside bar & grill, called blue seahorse  -by the 2nd/3rd day it seems, our favorite bartenders already greeted us with our favorite drinks and lunch

miguel would look from a distance, see us walking, and already get our pina colodas going...

samantha..   seeing that we each day, cut our bacon cheese burger in half to share.. she brought it to us already cut in half...

everywhere a 5 star staff; *5 star drinks; 5 star meals; 5 star service...

1 of our nights, we had an exceptional meal at the sushie restaurant which you can get to by just walking from the hotel across the street

2 nights, we enjoyed vanessa's stellar service at the hotel's restaurant and enjoyed one of our favorite dinners:  steak & potatoes  (plus..  onion rings..so good!); 

and that was always after the 2 drink + snacks complimentary happy hours, which, one night,  included a live music performance

and, because of the time of year, month we were there

i also loved the gorgeous gown fashion shows!   -now let me share here..   they do not advertise fashion shows 

but if you want to see an incredible spectrum of the most sparkling gorgeous gowns, while you dine over-looking the koi ponds; surrounded by beautifully, romantically lit columns; soft music in the background

and i mean, designer gowns!  oscar gowns without the red carpet or movie stars;  with every current design..  in such a variety of colors; styles..

visit during may/june when embassy suites dorado is THE hosting place for all the prom and ball events by the local schools

without planning for or requesting this..   turned out to add so much and enrich our experience

and this vacation for us; it was part early honeymoon for just the two of us;  and part family visit, slash,  fall-head-over-heels with our gorgeous newest grandson

   -more soon-    "Thank You Jesus!"   hallelujah, "cheers!" & amen





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home