Sunday, June 23, 2024

the sweetest comeback in the history of ever! for (me!) ~topps, writeousmom.com


there is a little convenience store inside the embassy suites in dorado, puerto rico.  we did some snack shopping for our honeymoon suite, and it included the purchase of some hostess twinkies

   -this inevitably brings up my every hostess related memory; and my hideous eating disorder in the aftermath of multiple traumas

that then connects to when hostess went out of business...

which then connects to when hostess returned

which then connects to my favorite slogan ever that accompanied the hostess return

'the sweetest comeback in the history of ever!'

i knew since that time, that my destiny is tied to hostess' destiny; it became a personal, spiritual goal of sorts

for (me!); having experienced so much back-to-back trauma;  for (me!) having had the severest forms of PTSD..

for (me!) to have that same thing:  and i posted a picture in my scrapbook, in my mind, in my heart.. and currently on my studio 213 door, of that slogan on hostess packaging

and it was while my sexy and i were in puerto rico, 

having such a remarkable time, in such a gorgeous environment..

being in love, and loving each day, each cup of coffee, loving the view, loving the meals, loving the service, loving floating, loving creating indigenous word art on the beach, loving our family, loving our newest grandson    -loving how i felt inside and outside; so happy & carefree..

loving the pool, loving the ocean, loving God and how he rescued, redeemed and restored me..

   -factoring in our recent family visits, loving knowing/seeing our grown children thriving and making their way in the world; our siblings, nieces/nephews; our parents; our neighbor~friends 

i said to my sexy, i said with a smile..   "i'm not waiting to one day have the sweetest comeback; i'm in it!    -this IS it!     -being here with you, retired, a tropical vacation of the best kind.."

so i marked the occasion; the realization; the epiphany, by writing in the sand on the shore, and having my picture taken holding twinkies..

before i unwrapped and ate the whole thing.

and then, just now,   -because the number and type of traumas i have experienced and transcended are already very well, and perhaps, overly documented, 

i just took 3 pieces of paper and layered them to further acknowledge with gratitude how far God has brought me

on the bottom layer:  bullet points of major traumas

middle layer:  items hanging on the front door of my studio 213

top layer:  my not waiting for, but in it, 'experiencing it write now!' picture from the shore

so i know it can be done

but it has taken A LOT of collaborative work between Jesus and i...

and i have adopted spiritual practices which i am confident will aid me in maintaining the progress i've made so far; and maybe even exceed where i'm at..

God only knows.   -write.

Hallelujah!  Selah!  Amen!  Glory be to God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home