Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Always Write. (me!) Sandra, tvgp


I will never have the evidence to prove I have done the most writing of anyone in the world; it just sometimes feels like I have

I do know, I have destroyed, shred, more handwritten pages of writing than most people will write in their whole lives

but I am talking strictly about quantity  -and not at all about quality.

***

I can see more clearly each year, and especially as I declutter/reorganize again..   the amount of writing I did just for the sake of writing

some seems under the influence of neuroses; an obsessive, compulsive type thing

sometimes i'm really trying to process something..

sometimes its just brain vomit..

the list goes on.

sometimes if I couldn't find a clean piece of paper, I would just write over my own writing from a previous writing session

***

imagine if you handwrote every word from every conversation you have with others, plus with yourself, plus your every thought

***

it is just too much!  so unnecessary...    of no value...

***

but then I have writing that actually has some type of value; beauty, truth, poetry, humor, something of value from an entertainment standpoint, or to encourage or help others..

to help people see things they didn't see on their own; think about things they wouldn't otherwise think about, etc.

***

so, I keep going paper by paper...  shred this, keep that...   shred this, and that, keep this and that..

***

and I asked squidmann (leonardstegmann.blogspot.com) this very morning..  whether there would ever be a time..  could he ever foresee a time/circumstance when he would re-publish his posts and my comments from his blog   -it is nine years worth

and for the nine years I read and responded...    I treasure my comments in this way:   it is not writing of mine that I would shred

it would go in the keep files,

because it was playful and fun and healthy writing..     in response to playful and fun and healthy posts he wrote.

it demonstrates everything of value:   craft. humor. beauty. truth. friendship. love of reading/love of writing..

  it is among my prayers to have them accessible again.

remember how they went unpublished?    how I thought a terrible virus came along and disappeared all his posts and all my comments...  9 years worth!?!

only to learn that he unpublished them consciously; on purpose..

because when he turned his blog posts into collections; into published print books  -the rule was that you could not also have your writing available online anywhere.  he had to choose.

and now I think he has like, 18 books out, but no more blog...

***

and "congratulations!" on those books for sure!          but I still pray...

in Jesus name,   amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home