Tuesday, February 18, 2020

"..SOLID GROUND..." as sung by (me!) ~tops

there is a song by the temptations, which is so..

funky & fun

it literally demands to be danced to.   and on the occasions I've heard it over the years a nightclub here, or party over there

honey, I do not even wait for someone to ask me to dance; I just get out there and start movin

now,

prior to meeting Robert, my sexy..    I sang would lip-sync the lyrics as they were written; but truth be told, I never, you know, liked or appreciated the lyrics with the same enthusiasm/response I had for the beat, the melody..

so, I just change the lyrics now, and when I was makin' breakfast for my sexy yesterday, and the song came on, I shared it out loud   -my editing

so, I danced and cooked and sang, and instead of singin'   i'm standing on shakey ground, every since you put me down

i lip-sync

"i'm standing on solid ground...    ever since you came around"

***

and how very grateful i am!    for Robert, for good music and good food..  and our first bike ride picnic of the 2020 season

we say, 'start of picnic season..  continuation of due~season'

In Jesus Trustworthy Name!   ~amen.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home