Saturday, February 15, 2020

speaking of love... (me!) sandra, tvgp

from the archives:

"What is my definition of God?" (Me!) Sandra, tvgp


"Oprah.. I love this question too!".  I've written many times,  accumulating my definition. Let me see if I can bullet point.
God IS love.   Love IS God.
-one in the same.   God is omnipresent; as love is omnipresent.
as I wrote about recently..  You cannot open a map and point to love; you cannot talk to love on the phone; or put a picture of love in your wallet.  You can put an icon of; but not love itself; only a representation..  Love IS.   (Same as 'I AM).   Love is everywhere without beginning or end. Omnipresent and eternal.
we KNOW whether or not we are loved via an internal interpretation; of a 'feeling'.  /for lack of vocabulary.
I believe we are made from love, with love and our purpose is to  love and be loved.   Nothing
and no one
would exist without love;
could exist without love;
should exist without love.
my greatest insight into understanding the omnipresence of God; of love,  came during a prayerful walk
I was invited to describe my own 'I AM's
So,  I am Sandra, I am a sister, I am a daughter, I am a mom, I am an aunt... I am creative, I am an employee...  (Long list)
and God said, "I AM.
I am God. I am Love
I am you. I am that tree.  I am the air you breathe. I am space. I am time (infinite list).
so, the same way love just.. Is.   And we experience love through people; it is an interpretation of an internal experience we both give and receive through relationships with others..
But we KNOW it..  That is, I KNOW who I love..  I KNOW when I feel loved by another..   It is a KNOWING. (Vs. Guess, belief)
The ability to recognize, interpret, KNOW,  -experience LOVE
The omnipresent Life giving; life validating, life affirming, and healing power of LOVE.  <------------ definition="" god.="" is="" my="" nbsp="" of="" p="" that="" then="">
God is spirit; not flesh or material.. As love and peace and joy are spirits; not things.  Experiences; intangible.
this leads to Jesus..  but even if we  -for the sake of inclusion-   remove Jesus and Christianity and remain secular
Everyone KNOWS about LOVE;   -write.
There IS such a thing as LOVE.
There IS such a thing as TRUTH.
so,   -there IS such a thing as True Love.
God.
Happy valentines and amen!
****

from the archives

I did not have my children so they could help me on the farm.
I did not have my children so they could help me with technology.
I did not have my children so they could support me in old age.
I did not have my children because I accidentally got pregnant.
I did not have my children to  -trap, or try and keep a man.
I did not have my children because it was socially, or religiously or culturally mandated.

I had my children, because I believe life, human life

is a miraculous gift and love

is very much worth living for.

I did it for the experience of love; and can testify

it is even more wonderful than I ever could have imagined.



   -God, so loved the world...

so LOVED the world..

 -if you are a person of faith, who believes in God..

you know immediately, that God did not create humans to intellectually,  financially or emotionally or technologically support him

what can a human born on earth do for the creator? that the creator cannot obviously do himself...

this narrows it down...


and would you like me to speak again,  -some more about LOVE

how it is omnipresent..  infinite.  never runs out...  ever!
how it is not a limited resource we have to fight over...

how the mom in that country can love her child so deeply, so completely, so utterly

but that huge amount of love experienced/shared by that mom does not mean the mom on the other side of the world, now has less..

how it expands and grows..

how it is we even know  -we love someone; the internal experience, understood, known, interpreted

IN US

and, how God IS Love..          ~inside us.

and all around us...           everywhere.   unlimited, infinite resource

that unlike any other resource..    expands with use.    there is not one pile of love, that gets spread thin, you see

or runs out.   or must be rationed.

there is always plenty and plenty more

where love comes from...



for those who don't believe in God..

I would not waste a second arguing, or trying to convince, or persuade

because LOVE is a spiritual LAW that applies to all of humanity; not a specific faith or lack of faith system.    .it is like the sky

do you love anyone?   isn't it fantastic!

that is plenty.

and there is plenty more..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home