Sunday, February 16, 2020

WITNESS THIS by (me!) sandra, tvgp

  -and so we popped in a local strip mall where I could use the ATM to deposit some bday I received  "thank you!"

and we crossed paths with Justin, a former neighbor of Robert's

and now if you want to project.. to profile... to stereotype..

you would look at Justin's tattooed covered body, notice gestures and body language that would have you thinkin'    -in and out of prison or a gang or something...

and the thing is

you'd be write!     Justin has been in and out of prison

but he's also been saved!

rescued and restored.   a new creature.    thriving not just surviving

and Robert re-introduced us, me to Justin, Justin to me..  we've met one or two times before.  And Robert always goes out of his way to compliment Justin..   "you're a success story man, I'm so proud of you, the way you turned your life around"

and then he discussed how being a deputy for 26+ years..  he didn't get to see a lot of success stories; mostly a lot of return customers if you will,

anyway..

Robert mentioned to Justin about me...  how I had been through so much..   and how, I'm a new creature; how God rescued and restored me..

and Robert is GREAT about saying how happy he is since he met me..   what a wonderful woman, mom, girlfriend I am..  how much he loves me and our life together

and then offered to say a prayer

write there in the middle of the mall..   just a few steps from the ATM machine..

we gathered together closer

put our arms around one another, and Robert said the most beautiful encouraging prayer over us; all of us and our loved ones

and i had my own prayer going too; a silent one..

i was recognizing the greater moment; the greater testimony

because you can put the people God rescues and restores in two main primary categories

 innocent victims

guilty perpetrators


and it is my experience God has, is, does, will, rescue and restore anyone who sincerely asks, and is willing to put in some effort

whether someone did you wrong; or you yourself did the wrong

you can be rescued and restored.

Justin and I are kind of perfect examples of both sides of the spiritual spectrum it seemed to me..

but our lives are witness

and,

if only you could have access to the numbers!!  the number of lives..    damaged/injured

the severity

the depths of loss, pain, hurt

if only you could have access to the actual number of people each and every day, every week, every year, every generation

healed!   healed!   new creature!   new life!    thriving not surviving!   moving forward...

and if only you could see, know and experience what I see, know and experience

-just how often the common denominator for success stories is

Jesus.

Hallelujah!  & Amen!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home