Tuesday, February 18, 2020

The Heart Seen Newest, Coolest Contributions

Mussel Shells at Grey Whale Cove!

per email from squidmann & spike:

Okay, this must be one of the larger hearts in your collection. This is Cupid Row in San Bruno. I think it qualifies because I don’t think the heart-shape of the street was intentional. Here’s also an article that gives more info. You should do a pilgrimage to here!

...

and via a friend of squidmann & spikes:   from Joshua Tree Park

"thank you!"


***

and, from carole!    the heart seen on its side on the fallin' oak at alden lane.   and now,  that was a heart break too..    last sunday we had fierce winds in this area

I was not working that day, I was having a wonderful mother/daughter day with my daughter..  pedicures, massages, lunch, shopping; a great visit!  but during my drive to pick her up, and our drive together, I was feeling my jeep moved by the wind on the freeway, dodging giant tumble weeds, broken branches, whole trees.. etc.



I had shared my concern..  i wonder how the oaks are holding up at alden lane?

and as it turns out, all but one held out very well.


but one did get claimed by fierce winds, and it also claimed the life of our giant bear that people enjoyed taking pictures of, or pictures with..

my co-worker friend kim,   "thank you!",   took and shared the picture above, and she shared how she saw some irony..  when you see the native California sign + bear crushed + fallen tree..

it all kinda symbolizes what is actually going on around here..     native Californians being pushed/forced out by the weight of taxes, cost of living, traffic, stresses...

I can only agree.

***

with love for all things Alden Lane, and all things California, with gratitude for our mother/daughter day..   and in prayer for strength and ways to helpfully contribute in the aftermath of unfortunate events

***

and this treasure trove sent to me via email from (carol newman!) who received them via email from a friend, who received them via a friend..   i'm not sure how many and exactly who to thank, but wow! these are great!














In Jesus Trustworthy name,  ~amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home