Sunday, November 05, 2017

ive never met a former buddhist (me!) sandra, tvgp

Lord knows, I have not traveled the world.   but, I have had conversations with people from all over the world,

and, if I may play off of the  -seven letters to seven churches,  [was it 7?  I don't have it memorized..i only know, in the Bible there were letters written to churches.. with what might be euphemistically described as constructive criticism in the nature..]

and without exception, in my 5 decades here on earth, I have never personally met or talked to a former Buddhist; ever.

I have met and talked with numerous   former catholics; I have met and talked with numerous  -returning catholics;    occasional catholics..     raised but not practicing catholics..

and now, the same can be said, of  -any branch of Christianity (how many are there?),  with Mormons:   former, returning, occasional, raised but no longer...  newly converted..

 with Jehovah witnesses:  former; returning, occasional, raised but not practicing.. new recruits

ive never met anyone who had to 'escape' Buddhism..

or who was ex-communicated..

or needed therapy to help them further understand...



***

and to my knowledge, understanding..  one of the reasons I have never personally encountered a former Buddhist,  or no longer practicing Buddhist,  is because, it is not a religion

but more a way of life.

and if you read, learn, listen, study

much of what the Buddhist practice in their way of life are...       FRUITS of the SPIRIT!   which are described in the Bible, and always worth repeating:

love, peace, joy

patience

kindness, goodness, gentleness

faithfulness

and...   self control.

***

and, these fruits of the spirit are not something you  -formerly did..   once were

not something you  -leave, escape

not something you get recruited/converted into..

they are not  -themselves-   a 'religion'


***

I have arrived at understanding a distinction between

spiritual laws   [which apply to all of humanity, like natural laws/gravity, etc.]

and

religious rules [which apply exclusively to a given denomination/club/organization if you will]

***

In Jesus teaches spiritual laws   -not religious rules,  name...     hallelujah & amen!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home