Tuesday, October 31, 2017

HOT DATE.. for (me!) sandra, tvgp

"I got to go on a date!"      /and not just any ole date...      she says with a big smile.

***

let me start by saying  -that for no other man would I drive more than 2 miles..   but, when Robert suggested we meet first at his place, and then drive together from there (there = san jose) to capitola, my mind started coming up with a hundred reasons not to drive, but out of my mouth..   an altogether much more agreeable answer.    so,

to san jose I drove.   and I arrived at his door with some fragrant, pink, cyclamen from alden lane that Dianne had pointed out to me earlier in the week, and some cognac which he had mentioned liking in one of our many flirty texts..

and a wonderful tour inside his home of memories, treasures.. family pictures.. art, mementos from varying places in the world,  Taiwan, Africa, Germany...      and typical single male big screen tv and multiple recliners in a way cool media room     -lots I'm skipping here for now to get to the good parts:

/oh, my.. he has many good parts!

and what mom doesn't melt at the sight of children's pictures...   so, I was quite taken by the sight of a photograph of his son and daughter as toddlers, young children.    sweetest faces ever, posed on a ladder, and then, another, on a different wall,  as grown young adults..  the sister, tilted affectionately with her head resting on her brother's shoulder.   beautiful children.    and lots of family photos on the refrigerator..  and skipping lots again to get to the good

/his very good parts!

***

-k, so capitola is an ultra charming beach community, and we landed on a day tough to find parking because there was also a high school surfing competition going on, and a Halloween parade..  but we found  -after circling..

spot 789.  and the only reason I remember is because of the kids joke:   why was the number 10 afraid of number 7?       -because seven 8 nine..

anyway,

had lunch at a wonderful restaurant,  looking out a giant window at the water, the birds, tourists, locals..    

let me correct.  I glanced out the window, but I stared into Roberts eyes..    was trying to be a good listener but was distracted by his smile

and occasional laugh

and the way he would squint..      /hey, that reminds me of steve shaw..

the way he would smile and stick out his tongue at the same time..   /that's what Michael Jackson used to do..

   -so, may I stop write here to point out, that while Robert is his very own unique individual self, and really should be compared to absolutely no one

damn it if he doesn't have these characteristics, these gestures that cerebral hyperlink to:

steve shaw:   my very first crush and first boyfriend.

and Michael Jackson:   my very first true love.

but its all very good.

so,    -he is a wonderful conversationalist! Robert..     passionate. intense. detailed. entertaining.  and I listened the very best I could in between my imaginations of having him alone and all to my very self.

and after lunch we walked out on the dock, where..   "do I hear live music?!?"

and turns out, there was a live band,  -joint chiefs, someone said they are called.. and they play old school, Motown, groove..  and so there we were, at a beach version of barones,  -outdoors, in capitola, surrounded again by slightly intoxicated happy dancing people, taking in the live music above the water

great atmosphere!     and, we strolled the neighborhood afterward..  hand in hand, pausing on occasion to kiss and kiss some more

and watch the surfers..

and eventually it was back to his place  -where he fixed me dinner.  a wonderful, delicious, pasta with Italian sausage/meatballs, asparagus flavored in some magical way, and fresh artisan bread with oil/vinegar to dip in, and a smooth cabernet

   -speaking of smooth..

[thoughts here I must keep to myself]

at some point he reached over and gently touched the tattoo on my face, and I explained "conquer the world with kindness"   and shared how it is 11 years old now, my tattoo..

and then he asked me if I had any others, and I nodded yes.

"where? what?"

and I just kind of smiled without saying anything.   so he said, "oh, are they in private places?"

and I said with a smile, I said,

"well, I think you might appreciate this more than others   -because you work in a prison system,"


   -and what I was inferring is that:   it is more pronounced, understood and applicable and hopefully exercised, in jails than other environments and industries

"I have two other tattoos.   -on the inside of my upper left thigh,    [and he smiled just to hear the location]  I have an outline of the state of California.

and, on the inside of my upper write thigh..  [and he smiled again just to hear the second location] I have an outline of a church."

and I watched his eyes as he imagined...

and then I said with the same smile, "because that is my way of helping remind people about the importance of the separation between church and state."

              -priceless expression on his face!  priceless..    the kind you thank the heavens for

and he said, "... for real?!    is that real?   or is this just a story..  it could be either.. "

and he searched my facial expressions and my eyes and my smile to try and determine whether or not I have these tattoos

so, I said, "well,   as we get to know each other...   when we know each other better..   you can find out for yourself."

***

and, my night driving, my vision,  especially in unfamiliar territories..

I mean, it would have been downwrite dangerous, and irresponsible! for me to drive home in the dark of that October night all the way from san jose to san leandro by myself!   dangerous!

and that is [not] the only reason I had to stay over night on our first -real- date.

***

and then at 4 o'clock-ish this very morning I sent him another text and shared my morning prayer
   -something like this:

you are Christian.  A devoted father.
A wonderful conversationalist.
-have a strong, established work ethic
A gift for hospitality,  .. you cook..
your dance moves are enticing
you have a knockout smile
and your kisses drive me wild!

so, Dear Jesus..  whatever I have been doing write
to cause you to show me such favor

that I get to cross paths with this man            the narrow path..

please help me keep doing it!

hallelujah & amen!

***

now,  -what is one supposed to wear on a first date?  to capitola..    my sister and my daughter would usually be the ones..    yes this/no that;   get back in the house, try again..

but they are both gone.   I'm blessed also to work with some very beautiful, young high school girls who are savvy about current fashions..   the input from both jasmine and ava...

and according to pictures they pulled up on their phones   -the thing I should have worn:   flowy pants with a print and a solid sweater..

    -yeah, don't mix prints..      flowers or stripes on the pants.. not the top, top solid..

and, if I had the time, resources and all things required

truth be told..     who doesn't want to look and feel their very best?  I would have:   spray tan, wax, make-up, new outfit, new shoes, perfume, pedicure/manicure, emergency plastic surgery, ...   you name it.

but I was without both:  time & resources.   had to work with what was already in my closet.   jeans, strappy sandals, cute sweater..  but!  my toes are painted..   and with flowers..

anyway..

the way he kisses, everythings gonna come write off eventually

timeless fashion:   birthday suits and the naked truth.

***

now,

speaking of the naked truth.  Robert..   -a hard body.  works out like 9 days a week, and in 24 hour shifts or something

                [solid arms...  arm skin..    allow my mind to drift....]


this is a challenge..   (me!): female soft body..   not becoming so self-conscious I would miss out on...

            /to the saints..   "I am not going to miss out on this! are you kidding me.."

so, they toggled my self-conscious switch to the off position, which allowed me to remain quite turned on

and,

when Robert grabbed my behind...    

   -sometimes you just want to die; yes..

"this is the BEFORE...    this is the BEFORE...      BEFORE you become my very personal trainer.."

and he said, in the worlds most sexy voice you ever have heard..

"we can work that..  "   and he smiled, and mischievously laughed, and stuck out and bit his tongue like Michael Jackson used to do..

so,

now I have my very own gorgeous, sexy, personal trainer.   and I know

1.   there is a GOD.

2.  GOD is GOOD all the time

3.   I am the luckiest woman on the planet


***





















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home