Saturday, October 21, 2017

2 out of 3 insights. by (me!) sandra, tvgp

when people say You are God, or God is in You.

to my understanding, if you start with God is LOVE.  as synonyms.  then, the way we experience love is via interpreting an internal experience; we feel love inside ourselves,  whether it is we love someone, or feel loved by someone; either way, it is an internal experience, and so it rings true.  If God is Love, and you experience love internally  -then you have God in you..  what is in you, is a part of you..

now,

God is good all the time.   again, God is Love, so..   start with those as synonyms:   Love is good all the time..

and sometimes when you see raw suffering/tragedy..   secular people will respond  -like, how can you look at this, and regard God as good all the time?

-fair question.

to my understanding, let's use a square as an analogy:   

in order for a square to be a square  -it must be equal on all sides; yes..   the size does not matter, 2x2x2x2, or  16x16x16x16

write

when four sides are straight/connected/equal; you have a square.  that is always true.   -all the time.

if you make any alteration...    any bump, any curve, one side different from the others..   even by a fraction of a fraction of an inch

you no longer have a square.  it ceases to be a square; period.  you are no longer talking about a square.

same with God being good all the time.    -God is good.  God is love   -all the time

if you make any change to that as a true, fixed definition   -you are no longer talking about God or love.



it would be similar to trying to make a small change to the definition of a square..

any change to square; any change to God; any change to love; any change to good

    -ceases to be what you called it  -and becomes then, something else.

these are the analogies that allow me, personally, access to understanding

that is,
 
  to -feeling-   like ooohhhhh,  yes,  I get it.  I understand it!

God IS in you!   and/or  God IS good all the time!


***

now, I do not currently have an analogy which helps me have that same internal  -feeling-
of understanding regarding the omnipresence of God

now,

I do understand the definition of omnipresence; that is not the issue.

            but God; all seeing/all knowing/everywhere at once/inside the hearts and minds and motives..

 I would describe myself as in waiting for words, or an experience, or something I can't quite articulate, predict, but which will provide insight/understanding on a deeper level.   -and I will KNOW when I have landed on it

and I will share it when I do.


In Jesus always holy, always wise, name    amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home