Saturday, October 14, 2017

The Spiritual Sweet Spot.. as identified by (me!) sandra, tvgp

what I need to do is go back, capture the exact wording..

but, I paraphrase here, just so I don't forget

  it was a celebrity of high talent; big box office..

with an upcoming performance..   and, the celebrity described having recently lost his mom to cancer, and having also recently married and also recently welcomed his first child into this world

now, when he talked about his upcoming performance  -all the attention, the expectations.. etc.,

he said something like,   -relative to the larger more important life events he was experiencing:

"the personal stakes are very low..    so, I can creatively...  "

     and when I can get the exact wording; the sentiment..    communicate the internal experience as described by

I know it as a spiritual sweet spot.   such a healthy place to be!   such a peace..

such a freedom..  

and I wonder...


can we -manufacture-   or in any way...  manipulate ourselves into this sweet spot; this spiritual sweet spot

or

does it only happen?  can it only be experienced when you in fact have/have had these major life events which shift perspective...

loss of a loved one; marriage; birth...

everyone who has experienced this shift:  arrived at the spiritual sweet spot..  has a short cut way of communicating to each other

personal stakes are very low...   which allows me creatively to...


vs.  the less mature; but apparent pre-requisite which is..

the sour spot if you will:

my entire life is riding on the success of this one thing!     ..the opinion of this one person!     ...this one grade..  this one test...    this once in a life opportunity...      this one interview...    this one article..  this one picture...


***

to evolve away from "my entire life is riding on..."    and toward,  "personal stakes are low"

I wish it for everyone!   I pray it for everyone!    amen.

1 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes!!! Sounds like a beautiful spot to throw down your blanket on and write for awhile:)
Love you!!!
She says with a smile’s sis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home