Monday, October 23, 2017

"why are you skipping?" -she asked (me!) sandra, tvgp

it is that time of year at alden lane:  school tours.   -mostly elementary school age children, 1st and 2nd graders

and mostly they go in groups  -by classroom.

but we had a grandparent call, not part of a given school and ask if her grandchild could be included in one of the tours

the answer was yes of course.

and now, having worked there over a year now, and participated last year..  I have the advantage of knowing just how awesome these tours are

when the grandparent/grandchild arrived at alden lane, they approached me with some concern

"are we too late for the tour?  did we make it on time?"

and I immediately projected a grander, deeper level of concern than may have actually existed, and I kicked into gear trying to find out which tour..   what time it was write now, what time it was leaving, etc.

and, I just did not want this precious child to miss out on this tour!  I was determined to find a way even if they were late

but as it turned out

"you are not too late!   you've made it on time!   -follow me!"    -and, I started kind of skipping toward the area where the kids wait for the tractor

and the precious little girl..    she says to me with a bit of confusion

"why are you skipping?"

"  -because I'm so excited for you..."

***

but maybe..


maybe the real underlying reason I was skipping

is because

"I have someone I get to slow dance with!"  

  -at barones      ~music under the stars

for the final night of the 2017 season


and, I did some calculations the other morning, and looked at the calendar, and added this, and subtracted that, and threw in some long division

and

what I realized is that

"it  has been 100 years since I slow danced with a man"


I might just show up at 2:30 in the afternoon and wait...





        /and since it has been such a long time..   he text to help remind me what is involved:

like..

something about how his arms will go around my waist

and he'll pull me close to him..

my arms go around his neck and shoulders..

              [keep your arms and hands around his neck and shoulders Sandra]

we get to slowly sway...  

and I told him..


with my age..    and vision...       its hard for me to read small text sometimes.   he might just have to whisper these instructions in my ear

***


In Jesus is my favorite dance partner's name...      hallelujah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home