Sunday, November 05, 2017

A hummingbirds life -saved! by (ava!)

but she was quick to point out..   everyone helped.    kurt was the first one to notice there was a hummingbird trapped in the kiosk.   -I had suggested to turn out the lights..     alex had suggested the ladder...   joe eventually caught it...     it ended up in ava's hands, who asked if I wanted to hold it

of course

and I held it in the palm of my hand..   sweetest hummingbird you ever have seen, with the most beautiful light green body shimmering in the sunlight..

and while I held it, ava removed cobwebs and sticky debri from its body and wings,
           
reminded me so much of watching heather remove spider webs from the dragonfly,


and ava had removed probably 90% of the sticky debri when the hummingbird took off in directly upward flight

you are very blessed!  I told her..   you just saved a hummingbirds life!

***

I don't believe I wrote the hummingbird experience from 4 or 5 years ago   -and I will not name names, because this is not about pointing fingers or blaming

but,  -this is about my ongoing curiosity about the care neuron.    toggle?  dimmer?   temporarily broken?       -because, 4 or 5 years ago I was in the company of someone who did not  -care-  at all

did not care in the least, as the saying goes, did not care whatsoever!     

that a hummingbird was trapped in doors.    it broke my heart.    and the end result was that I literally watched a hummingbird exhaust itself to death.

***

so, how happy I am to work at alden lane where people, every single one of my co-workers

-care! about hummingbirds; appreciate them, honor them..   want to protect them

they are such marvelous creatures

***

and cerebral hyperlinks being what they are:   I did, of course, share my hummingbird story with ava..

she said, "it's other~wordly"

and I have to agree.

but my conclusion remains the same:  the future is knowable; but how far into the future...? is knowable?

***

and I want to close with this:    when it comes to ants...    I do not -care-

at all

in the least

whatsoever

I had a neighbor many years ago, who would not kill an ant..    she would redirect them with a special chalk she purchased at a Chinese store

           ~care neuron, care neuron...   whereforartthou  care neuron?

***

In  Thank God Jesus Cares name...      amen.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home