Thursday, November 02, 2017

Catherine, Carla & (me!) -the friendship visits


don't you know it is one of my favorite ways to spend my true days off..

visiting with catherine & carla over coffee

catching each other up on our lives since the last visit..
our families, parents, children, activities, challenges, blessings..

pop culture, politics, spirituality, news, movies, books, art & everyday things
and, oh! we are living in the very best times in this way:

to have phones in the palm of our hands with pictures of our children to share with each other

college candids
homecoming dance
'round the town..

to watch each others  -babies evolve into thriving young adults..

awesome!

and, during our conversation, this topic came up:

Brene Brown's "Gifts of Imperfection."  -and apparently there is a 10 point questionnaire you can take to learn how close you are to living a
whole~hearted life



and, Carla said, 
she identified me as the only person she knows who is a 10 out of 10
living, a whole~hearted life, as described by Brene Brown

she said, "I only got like a 2..."

and Catherine said,  "I wont even bother taking it..."

this is of interest to me:  Catherine & Carla, both   -beautiful human beings.. like, inside and out.  -gorgeous, fashion-conscious, excellent, loving, nurturing, invested, proud mom's
devoted wives; wonderful contributors in schools; noble volunteer work..
the list of their great qualities and accomplishments is HUGE!

-is this not living whole~heartedly?    they are awesome! and..
I'm always so elevated in spirit after our coffee visits..  filled back up; ready to take on the challenges of the days, weeks, ahead

and, it is having them as friends
that I let serve as direct evidence that I'm doing something write

I must be doing something write to have these two very quality human-beings as dear friends.  and that is the sentiment I hold for each of my dear friends..    a small, but sublime group of wonderful people.

to sit across and visit with you..   to dance next to you...      to go places with you...  
to be invited here or there by you...  to hang out any amount of time at all with you

   a blessing and positive reflection..  positive reinforcement

***

but back to this whole~hearted living questionnaire:

it just made me so happy! to hear that I am a 10 out of 10 for anything..

because just that very morning, before this coffee date, friendship visit
I was directly told how much room for improvement I have in the way of

~nutrition; eating write.

and, my bank statement suggested that there is plenty of room for improvement
in the area of income; 

and the mirror suggested there is plenty of room for improvement in the area
of physical fitness..

and I could go on and on about the places in my life where there is
plenty of room for improvement

so, I'm just going to celebrate and re-Joyce! that despite all of that

my two very dear, quality friends

/who obviously know me better than I know myself..


they give (me!)
a 10 out of 10
when it comes to living a whole~hearted life


"thank you!"   I love and appreciate and cherish you!

until the next time...   "cheers!" & amen..

***


also, during our conversation, and the reason for the picture associated with this post:

I confessed liking,  -preferring  The Little Purple Book, by Joyce Meyer, over the Bible itself..

here's why:

the Bible is organized by book:  Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, etc.

but, Joyce Meyer's Little Purple Book;  officially titled The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word

it is organized like this:

Anger, Anointing, Aniety...                Insecurity, Integrity, ...   Selfishness, Spiritual Warfare.. etc.
and within each category are relatable passages from the Bible

it's like spark notes..  much of the work has been done on our behalf..

"thank you!"  Joyce                         amen.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home