Thursday, January 12, 2017

to alden lane high school & college students, from (me!) & (President Barack Obama!)

in my recent post, great come-backs, I mention how I got all attached to the young adults when I started working at alden lane in june, and then how..   they all abandon me

(me!)

in pursuit of a higher education.  left with little warning.  and how I suffered abandonment issues, and then..   how "happy!" I was to learn that a % of them return to alden lane when they have school breaks and return to their families and homes.   

and so ive thoroughly enjoyed seeing their faces, and hearing their voices again..  seeing them here and there around the nursery.    excellent work ethics!   very impressive what they each do..  how they contribute..

but different colleges = different schedules, and for some,

very tiny gap between, "welcome back!" &  "today is your last day!?   -already?"

and, ive been wondering how I can say goodbye properly.  wish them well...    look forward to a future return..

and, so, let me please thank    -who has turned out to be, within my life and voting time,  my favorite President of the United States of America to date:   Barack Obama.

and the reason i'm thanking him..  /again,

is because "he said it for (me!)" in his recent farewell speech, which I just finished watching

and  paused/replayed/paused replayed, several times to capture:   /I will bracket code my editorial + creative license variances


"...  and that's why I leave this [nursery] tonight even more optimistic about this country than when i started

-because, I know our work has not only helped so many Americans

it has inspired so many Americans!  

  Especially so many young people out there  [like YOU]

to BELIEVE YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE

to HITCH YOUR WAGON TO SOMETHING BIGGER THAN YOURSELVES

let me tell you,

this generation coming up: 

unselfish;
altruistic;
creative;
patriotic.


ive seen YOU in every corner of [this nursery]

YOU BELIEVE in a FAIR and JUST and INCLUSIVE America

   -You Know that Constant Change has been America's hallmark    -that it is not something to fear; it's something to embrace

and YOU are WILLING to CARRY the HARD WORK of DEMOCRACY FORWARD

               -You'll soon outnumber all of us,

and I BELIEVE as a RESULT

OUR FUTURE is in [GREAT!] hands."


***

so, President Barack Obama said it better, clearer, calmer, louder, and on a much larger stage than I can.    /but let us learn from that also..

when someone can say or explain something better than you can;
  

let her.

***

GOD BLESS each and every one of you on your academic, and school-of-life journeys

In Jesus is watchin' over you's name...




amen.


p.s.

every characteristic/reason I read the audacity of hope, and that inspired me to vote for Barack Obama in the first place

was still present and evident and shining bright in his farewell speech.

and, does he not demonstrate in word and deed, with great consistency, in peace and in crisis, in prosperity, in lack, in every situation  -with allies; with enemies

does he not demonstrate a manifestation and mastery of all the fruits of the spirit..    ~he does!

he is my personal definition of a fully evolved human being;  -humanitarian

and we've been very blessed.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home