Thursday, October 06, 2016

TOP QUALITY yeah, that's (me!) sandra, tvgp

gotta share a little magic moment from alden lane yesterday.   electric cart training!  

***

alex:  "why is it you asked to be trained to drive the carts?"

(me!): "because I want to be cross-trained so that I can contribute in as many areas as possible. I want to be able to jump in and help as a carry-out

-and one day, I want to help with kids tours, and birthday parties, and dance lessons.."

alex:  "dance lessons?    we don't have dance lessons here?"

(me!):   "not yet.."



alex:  "okay.   well, we only let top quality people train to drive the carts.  how do I know you are top quality?"

(me!):  "......     because.....     because you are agreeing to train me, which means you have already assessed me as being top quality...   and you are a very wise person of great discernment...?  "

alex:  "would a top quality person show up to work with their shirt on straight and buttoned correctly?"

(me!):   ".....           oh no, ............   I did it again.  my shirt is not buttoned correctly is it?"

/two buttons off, left side hanging slightly low..     -immediate repair.

***

alex:   "we have five senses...    [counts his fingers] one, two, three, four, five.."

/and I did not interrupt here to explain how we have way more than five..

  -which sense do you think is the most important when driving the electric cart?

(me!):   "the sensation of the wind blowing through my hair...."      

alex:  "that is not a sense...     which sense do you think is the most important..?"

(me!):   "vision."

alex:  "correct."   [abundance of cautions, warning, safety instructions, operating instructions; key, pedal, green switch...]   "and now I want you to drive over to the desk there, as straight as you can, make a turn, and drive back here"

(me!):  "um, this is gonna sound terrible, and might make you nervous, but...   what desk? I don't see a desk"

alex:  "look straight ahead..   straight ahead...    that   -it doesn't look like it, but that is a desk."

(me!) sign of cross. turn key write. click green switch to forward.  press on pedal...

go!   "it's like I always tell my children....

                                                                  safety first!

                                                                                     thrill seeking second.....!"

alex:  "no thrill seeking."


and I passed that test, and then was instructed on driving in reverse.

alex:  "now go to the desk, and drive all the way back here as straight as you can; in reverse."

and I did.  straight to the desk.  green switch to reverse position.   looking backward over my write shoulder.. and gently stepped on the pedal...    and with a jolt, started driving backwards..

and saw out of my peripheral an 18 wheeler heading directly where I was about to cross..

"HOLY.... GIANT TRUCK!"     STOP.  green switch to forward.   forward as fast as I can back to  desk.

and so, I passed that test too.    

and, I gave Alex a   -well, I call it a wake up, he calls it a scare.  one very minor, little unexpected wiggle in the wrong direction near the end of my first lesson...

but, no one was injured or permanently scared so...  

***

and it has got more go, and a steering wheel that needs constant attention, and a very tight turn...   this alden lane carry-out electric cart.  I could tell quite instantly the only way to master this, is through repetition..

practice.  get the feel...     it will take a few errands before I feel completely comfortable and confident.

and I did do one short mock trial carry-out run.  properly lifting several bags of soil, loading the cart..  driving across the nursery, stocking the soil near the registers..

and its too early to suggest such a thing, but

i think the carts should have #'s on them, and sponsor stickers..

#213!  Ghirardelli          -------------------there SHE goes....


***

public "thank you!" here to Cyndee/Alex for the privilege...  

i am only being playful.   -i will be very responsible; promise..    safety first!

                                                                                                                      thrill seeking second.

In Jesus would have loved an electric donkey cart name,   amen!










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home