Saturday, October 08, 2016

The Neil Diamond Rose -from (gerry!) to (me!) sandra, tvgp

just before the end of my shift yesterday, Gerry came through the breezeway with a whole cart full of different types of roses.  I ached for my camera.  the outdoor evening lighting + the buckets of colorful roses = sublime.  but, no camera..    I did however have the opportunity to lean in, and take in the aroma..    and I am here to tell you, I've never!

never taken in such an intense and pleasing fragrance from any roses ive had the pleasure of giving or receiving,   -what a stand out, this particular rose.   its almost as if someone misted it with an additional fragrance..

I was able to bring one home with me.   and further testify, that this morning..   the fragrance remains; it has not even subsided with the passing of hours.  it is just lovely, lovely, lovely.

and Gerry told me this rose's name is Neil Diamond

"Neil Diamond!"  -well, talk about an entertaining cerebral hyperlink!   it is one of my favorite memories from working at the Danville Ricks Picks: 

***


Tuesday, July 15, 2014



Added value service from (me!) Sandra, tvgp


Talkin' up the town... That's my value added service.  So, if there's an art festival, farmers market, where's waldo, or any fun community event going on.. I often mention that at the register.  I am of the belief people should take full advantage..  Not all towns offer these events and a lot of time and energy is employed behind the scenes..

"Pooch parade coming up in august..don't miss it!"

"Free movie tonight... Frozen!  Bring your kids.."

And so this yielded a little laughter for me earlier in the week.

I read about a Neil diamond tribute band performing near the danville library

"free outdoor concert on a beautiful night.."

I think I am personally responsible for the attendance of at least 5 extra families that didn't know about it til I mentioned it..

Anyway.. My favorite postman comes in, the one who always has a good comic or joke up his sleeve..

I go, "Neil diamond tribute band tonight at the library"

He goes, .."I'm not a Neil diamond fan"

And I was searching my mind for the title of one of his songs.. Famous songs.. That, even if Neil diamond isn't your thing, you would still recognize and appreciate this one song..  -then it hit me, so I go,

"I am"

And then he goes,  "well, you should go then"   -as he walked out the door

And I've been giggling about that timing and delivery ever since..


***


"I am" I said
To no one there
And know one heard at all
Not even the chair..
Did you ever read about a frog
Who dreamed of bein' a king
And then became one..
Well except for the names
And a few other changes
If you talk about me
The story's the same one..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home