Sunday, October 23, 2016

The Heart Seen... at (Barones!) by (me!) sandra, tvgp

  ... who came up with this brilliant idea..?   they magnify and illuminate not just the menu, but..  my dad's personality.   love 'em.

AND, what a very special treat! to dine inside Barone's restaurant..    my dad,  Praise God, is post back to back heart surgeries and tired of hospital food    -craving a good steak dinner

    

and "Thank You!" Chris and Dad, for such a wonderful visit, and delicious dinner    -service, meal and company all sublime..      and look,   -heart seen on my plate

..  for the love of filet mignon!     

pairs very well with family time, I must say.     And even though we're family, and we've been so, for a good long beautiful time..      still   -we all learned something new about each other, and extended family members..   

      ~ Chris's dad was in battle of bulge..  WWII...      ?    never knew that...

and I just cant have a steak and my dad in the same room without this very important cerebral hyperlink:    -when I was unexpectedly laid off from the hospital in my early 20's

no savings. no way to make rent.  carpet pulled out from underneath me..      /again.

I called him crying.  and he said,

"Sandra.  you are not the first person to get laid off from work.  and you are not the last.   go take yourself out for a nice steak dinner.   and tomorrow...

start looking for a new job."


and I meant to retell that story over dinner, make sure my son knows it, but.. we talked about so many other things.   -great advice though.    as pragmatic as it gets...   

Love You Dad!   Love You Chris!    Love You Jack!    Love You Barones!


amen & amen!

***
I have a 4 point prayer for health related:    1.  remember:  you are not alone. God is with you.   2.  Gratitude for ALL healthcare providers   3.  healing...    healing...  healing...    4.  trust God   

and in any given week, I may have immediate family members, friends, strangers to pray for.. that's how I pray.. 

Thank You Jesus,   amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home