Saturday, April 02, 2016

... that girl.... by (me!) sandra, tvgp

she is one of my most favorite customers..  full of life, and always dressed funky cool, and sometimes she comes walkin' in; and sometimes she rolls in on skates..    -sweetest thing ever, and we always chit chat just a bit

and if the boss isn't there, I let her work behind the counter with me..   and on several occasions I have invited her to draw pictures that I then place inside the frames we sell..  

she is very creative!

I'm going to try and find the whiteboard she did for us around Christmas time..  and i'll post it if I can,

but anyway,

the reason I'm writing about her now, is that

well, yesterday she popped in for a minute, and came behind the counter to say hello, help me tag a few items I had to get on the shelf

and while we were together, she said,

"um..   did I tell I'm going to be moving?"

and my heart just dropped a few floors..   but I outwardly remained stoic and just asked a couple questions

"are you just moving to a new place  -but nearby?   or far, far, away?   or just medium far away?"

and she said, "san jose.  so I guess its just medium.."

and I was so happy she said, like, san jose, which is 20 minutes or a half hour away, and not, like, New York...     although with her fashion sense, she'd blend in with the best of them..   and by 16 probably have her own label..

I said, "are your parents going to keep their shop here, or relocate?"

-they own and operate the sunglasses business a few doors down..

and then she said,

"just kidding!   April Fools!"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home