Wednesday, March 30, 2016

addressing anxiety of unknown origins by (me!), sandra, tvgp

remember always what Diana nyad said; and has taught us:  /I paraphrase:

mind over matter is the luxury of a healthy mind.

***

I love being able to have short-cut conversations with people, where because we both have a common experience and understanding, there is no need to explain, or try to explain in detail..

my co-worker friend, recently shared about experiencing anxiety from an unknown source..  and related, that the last time she experienced something like this, she, shortly after, learned of the death of a loved one.

(me!) too.  on more than one occasion, but the standout in this moment, is when, I went...  and it seemed in the moment, and at the time..   -for no reason... 

but I just got up and went over to the couch-bed, and curled up into a ball.  -just laid there, for an unremembered amount of time, but, its like for a time, I just had nothing in me..

nothing to give the world..  no energy to do anything; no inspiration; and no ability to override the nothingness through force of will, or determination..

I knew intuitively to just surrender; just lay there in a ball, until it passed..   this nothingness..  -all energy vacuumed out...

and I later learned that my grandmother had died.   and my daughter too..   she also experienced something, unique to her, but tied to the same event..

***

  -that then, becomes its own, unique, identifiable,  internal sensation..    identified, just the way, my co-worker friend, kim, described..    "the same as when I learned  (name) died.."

***

 but that got us on the topic of anxiety in general, and, I am awful about memorizing passages..  I have only short-cuts in my mind, and to offer off my tongue..

but I make every effort to catch anxiety at its very, very, onset and fight back..

having lost so many years to PTSD, and well aware, I have a countable number of years ahead left to live, God willing..

I am very precious about each moment..

I do regard, for me..   anxiety as spiritual warfare..    -I say, for me, because I am aware, for a percentage of the population; anxiety has very physical, biological roots, which require medicines, and neuro-repair,   -these passages I'm about to share would have been of little, if any, help, at all while I had PTSD..

but for me..   it is at this point, its spiritual.   

when I begin to feel anxious, I do these things, and the order always changes, but:

HOLD EVERY THOUGHT CAPTIVE..    and, I have added on,  -and put it through the holy filter..
so I do not accept an anxious thought as a fact, or truth, or at face-value; I question...   I stop it in its tracks, and ask a few questions..  

CAST MY CARES..     I say to myself,  'I have no time for worries..  giving this to you God..'  -very aware I need energy for productive things..   and worry/anxiety is an energy zapper..

CAN AN HOUR BE ADDED...  i examine the productive power of worry..   if i worry all day about this or that..  will it effect any change?  is it anything i have control over, by worrying about it?  is there an actual action i can take to minimize or alleviate it?  -and where action can be taken; i do..  and where i have no control, i give to God

and then of course:

there is this passage;   so specific in its instructions there is no room for doubt or misinterpretation:


do not be anxious about anything.  but in every situation

by prayer and petition

with thanksgiving

present your request to God.


***

to which i can only say, "okay! thank you Jesus! amen"


***

best of times: google, bible verses on anxiety and worry..
i offer a teaspoon, but there you can feast.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home